Alistar - Need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarnoffeL

10-24-2009

Alistar, this champion is my favorite. He has some MAJOR flaws, some of them the lack of being able to solo, Pulverize has SMALL range and it's not compensated with the quick cooldown. If you are losing as Alistar, you cannot farm quickly enough, you cannot make a good comeback like some champions (Ashe, Yi, Etc). The only good thing about him is that he's great at escaping from Ganks...As long as the gankers are melee champions. I ask that you help me in making a build which will moderately increase the chances of Alistar killing. Suggestions are welcome.

Lawlerkats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2009

He's a tank, not a carry.

/thread

Ylem

10-24-2009

You don't kill as alistar, you outlast.

KillingGame

10-24-2009

Philosopher Stone, Nashor's Tooth, Sorcerers Shoes, and Rod of Ages is a good build to start off, pretty much hits on every stat Alister needs and helps correct his inability to farm. After that I usually go with Aegis of the Legion to increase everyone's defenses especially my precious baby minions. Sheen is a pretty good purchase too if you want to focus on doing damage to towers.

TheHeretic

10-25-2009

He has a lot of weaknesses, and i've tried a lot of builds on him. He desperately needs attack speed and a better mana pool. My general build is Berserkers Greaves > Sheen > Nashor's Tooth. Sheen proc's on every Triumphant Roar and allows him to capitalize on his passive bonus damage to turrets.

That solves your attack speed and mana issues for the most part. I usually get Frozen Maller > Atma's next, though there are a lot of possibilities. The problem with building him as a tank is that he represents no threat to the enemy team outside of initiating with pulverise and headbutting someone, but they can't stop that anyway thanks to his ultimate.

Regardless of your defenses his ultimate gives you practical immunity to damage, so building him as a pure tank is redundant. Without damage, as you noted, he won't be able to farm or even do much in team battles. With attack speed and damage he wrecks towers.

Sheen is very important on him, don't play him without it.

Krald

10-25-2009

Most successful build I've had is
Innervating Lockett,
Aegis (every tank should get this eventually, period.)
Move 3 Boots for closing with Pulverize
Sheen
Tiamat

Innervating Lockett is huge on Alistar.
Basically I just consider Alistar as a support character who can't really die with his ultimate up. Playing with that mentality helps me a lot.