I'm ready to go pro Riven...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AshKetchummmm

04-19-2012

So here's the scoop.
SL:13
hero of choice: Riven the bada**
I've only played bots from lvl1 to lvl 12. Two days ago was the first time I stepped foot into pvp. And I must say, its a rush. I don't have enough experience to say if im pretty good or not. But I dominated and carried with Riven my first 3 matches pvp. And its just a rush.

I want more pvp pointers, riven pointers, and to come out on top.

In short, I think im ready to go more in depth during my LoL play time.

I don't know the point of this post, but its my first one, and I just want to say, look out guys, this riven guy is ready to make a name.

Anyone interested in working with me, feel free to do whatever it is people do on here to get a hold of someone haha.

Also posting in clan forums so keep an eye out.

Dilusion

04-19-2012

First point of advice. Stop playing against bots. GL

AshKetchummmm

04-19-2012

I don't anymore, play nothing but pvp since two days ago.

Ironically, I do better pvp than I do against intermediate bots. :O

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshKetchummmm View Post
I don't anymore, play nothing but pvp since two days ago.

Ironically, I do better pvp than I do against intermediate bots. :O
then you are probably just facing other people who quit playing against bots as well.

Good luck, the PvP path is the real league of legends.

ZOMGTURTLE

04-19-2012

You're most likely playing other people very new to the game. It's hard to give a general set of tips without knowing how good you are. Google LoL Recorder and record your next game, then post it on here and get ready for a flood of criticism (some of it constructive) =P.

AshKetchummmm

04-19-2012

Hahaha thanks. Ill be sure to record one that isn't me making an a** of myself.

One should be up in the next 3 hours.

GhostDonkeys

04-19-2012

Can't wait to check that stuff out.
A few tips: (I'm not sure exactly how much you know about LoL)
With Riven, you should always go top lane (well unless you're one of those few riven's that jungle).

When you get your first item, base it on what opponent you'll be facing.
If it's someone you can be more aggressive against, then you can start doran's blade. If it's another tanky ad that can dish a little damage, then starting cloth armor +5 pots will help deal with their early damage.

When using Riven against an enemy champion that has a dash (such as renekton etc.) save your stun for when they dash into you. You can then stun them before they do anything and either get in some more damage or just dash away leaving them frustrated.

A lot of times it's good to charge up your first two Q hits and just land your third one on the enemy. So just Q around twice and then on your third one Q on top of them knocking them up, then you can stun, auto attack, and dash away without them being able to retaliate.

When coming up to gank someone or catch someone alone this is how I like to set up my combo:
Dash in with E, Stun them, and auto attack until they try to run away then start Q'ing on top of them.

Don't forget to use your ulti, the cooldown isn't too bad and I can't even count how many times I've saved it so I didn't waste it and the enemy didn't die because of it. Use your ultimate before a teamfight starts and you will deal a massive amount of damage while it's on and try to either ulti to catch a runner or ulti over their entire team when they get lowish.

In teamfights, use your stun to disable enemies like katarina who get hard countered by CC.

Riven benefits a lot from AD, don't forget this.

Last tip: (Just a basic tip for a new player) Don't forget to buy wards, they help so much and lower levels always don't want to spend money on them, but trust me if you develop a habit of buying them it will help you big time.

I can't really think of anything else to put here at the moment, but maybe this will help you some.

AshKetchummmm

04-19-2012

-takes notes-

I've personally found it useful in the beginning to always go with dorans blade from the start, the extra umph if gives helps me take control of top from the get-go.

Also, I've played around with skill combos, and early on and even till end game, I've found my Q being a huge means of initiating combat and escaping at the same time. The distance and burst of it makes skill shots near impossible. Add a dash at the end and you've got your shield up to take most damage till your dash and Q cd.

I like to QQQ initiate, damage, and escape all in one go. Come level 3, two CDs of harassing and most people die during the third.

I'm jungle ignorant, I only ever go for red or blue if they are there and I'm between gangks.

And also, I love Rivens ulti. stack AD and Riven is pretty much awesome.

DLing LoLrecorder now.

AshKetchummmm

04-19-2012

No videos for tonight. Recorder seems to be down for a moment.

BP Jester

04-19-2012

Try to avoid playing bots in the future. The feature is good for trying out new builds, but consistently playing against them will lead to bad habits that can be hard to break.