<GUIDE> Unique jungle Nunu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AD TF

08-10-2010

Well, I bought Nunu and cookie monster skin because of the huge buff to Consume and love him as a jungler. Here is my unique take on this build:

Runes:
Red: Attack Speed
Yellow: Attack Speed
Blue: Flat CDR
Quints: Attack Speed

Masteries: 9, 0, 21
Summoner skills: Exhaust and Smite

How to play (make sure you have Cookie Monster skin on)
1. Buy Vampiric Sceptor
2. Skill Blood Boil first
3. Go jungle (Wraiths/Wolves first)
4. Skill Consume when level up
5. Now with Consume, get Golem
6. Level 4 now, go gank lane
7. Continue jungling and win game

Item build:
1. Vamp Sceptor
2. Turn Sceptor into Wriggle's Lantern (gives 500 dmg minion, more life steal, ward, damage, armor, everything)
3. Next buy Glacial Shroud for CDR, mana and armor
4. Next buy Hextech Gunblade
5. Next buy Madred's but this is very late game

Nunu with new Consume is a much better farmer than before so this item build isn't unreasonable at all during a normal 35-40 minute game.

This is a different take on jungle Nunu and I find it fun to play. Ice Blast is not used for significant damage in this build; it's used for its epic 4 second slow. You can do pretty good DPS with your auto attack + Blood Boil thanks to your AS runes and items. The new Gunblade is perfect because it adds significant AD and AP so your AP skills still hurt.

I was thinking about a critical strike item in there somewhere but I dunno.

bliu23

08-10-2010

How about go AP tank jungle Nunu? Not that he's a very viable hero, but AP gives more Consume health heal and makes everything do more dmg. Ult that dragon for 1k dmg! :P

Cueballmac

08-11-2010

Interesting idea, being a punching yeti is something that hasn't been touched by almost 99% of those who have tried him as there are much more items that he benefits from. And so far I think that being an AP tank is still the way to go.

The buff to hextech gunblade gives an open door for that punching yeti along with Nashors for the CDR and guinsoo for the IAS and damage. Although I would suggest getting nashors first since it would help you farm faster or the lantern if you will be doing the jungle route, with the smite and flash as summoner spells.

zebano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

I've been desperately trying to make a hyrbid Nunu work (Veil, Rageblade, Nashors as core items) and I just haven't had success with either 9/21/0 or 9/0/21 though the second was better. I honestly think I'll try this in the jungle with consume > ice > consume > ice > BB then R> e>W>q

Gunflame

08-11-2010

This is a horrible build.

First to all: NUNU ATTACK IS WEAK!!!! VERY WEAK!!! Anything that improves his attack is wasted money.

He is a mage/tank/support. Hs autoattacks are only for the free spells cast.

D0llSlght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2010

exactly wat the above post said
If you can maximize his 1 skill while sacrificing 3 others, you are doing something wrong

Krosan

08-11-2010

The only problem with a DPS build for Nunu is that Mage Nunu is so much better. Even if Ice Blast was all he had, it's a major slow that's also permanent with full CDR that also has a 1:1 AP ratio. Not something to mess with.