Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Abyssal Scepter vs. Void Staff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Blue Jelly

04-20-2012

I always thought it was additive since they're both % spell pen and all build calculators I've seen add it.... But whatevs, that just makes Abyss better by a bit more.

Also, huh, didn't know the radius on Abyssal was that large... it's better than I thought =D

Autocthon

04-20-2012

When in doubt get both

crzymdscntst

04-20-2012

If you're looking for kicks:
Haunting Guise, Sorc Shoes, Abyssal, (maybe Malady), consider that you're getting -20 MR to multiple enemies as well, meaning your team can be more effective through you. You also get some defense to boot. After the -20MR (-24 more for -44 if you took malady), the flat Pen then applies to your target. I know Heim is the one I've gotten it up to crazy amounts of like -94 and about 56+ flat pen.

Typically unless they are stacking a ton of MR, this will be effective enough. Even if you ditch the Haunting Guise. like someone said, about 125 MR is when Void beats out the flat pen, though that didn't include the Guise.

Abyssal beats Void 9/10 times.