Hecarim - Creative Design Ask Me Anything

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ISiefer

05-03-2012

Thanks for acknowledging this sub-forum, and more specifically, the LoL lore in general. I feel like it's not done nearly enough. It makes me want to play more and gets me more interested in the newer champions, as well as the older ones, of course. It's nice to see those champs we love most get referenced again after they've been released.
As for Hecarim, I love everything about him animation and lore-wise so far. (Though I wouldn't mind him getting a tiny buff mechanics-wise.)

Osoz3

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustoTDR View Post
Ok, someone mentioned him being one the four Horsemen of Apocalypse.

I think he might be War and Yorick, Death. Even Yorick's skill Omen of War gives a clue about this, it SPEEDS UP yorick while active.

Famine and Pestilence, make it happen
Mordekaiser would be pestilence, read his lore... "Mordekaiser seems mystically attuned to sickness, as if it feeds and comprises part of his chilling essence. He now stalks the slums of Noxus, drawn to the plague-ridden and diseased." Sounds like Plague/Pestilence to me!

I also don't think Yorick is one of them... because his skills reference ALL of the horsemen. He also doesn't have the sudden and mysterious appearance/background. They pretty much explain who he is and what he wants. Yoricks lore also makes no mention of him having a commanding presence or the appearance of a general (like Morde and Hecarim) or any mention of "things to come".

ScyrinPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

I know you've said that Hecarim wanted to represent the terror from the Shadow Isles, but I'd like to ask why. I understand that he wants to strike fear, but what gave him the drive to do so? Did he wake up one morning (I'm presuming he rests at some point) and just say "It'd be really fun to scare the heck outta some people", or did something kickstart him?

All of the other champions have had some sort of event in their life that's pushed them into this lifestyle - what was Hecarim's? Vayne's was a traumatic experience, Brand's was brutal lifestyle, Trundle's was hope for a cure (I think), but for a creature whose sole purpose seems to be malice appearing out of nowhere, it confused me slightly.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-03-2012

I'm still curious about the Shadow Isles organizational structure. Do they have a government or leader or something? How do they keep everyone from killing each other if they are primarily evil and undead? Do they have cities and live life similar to other locals? I'm just trying to understand what it would be like if you visited the Shadow Isles.

IlexAlderwood

05-04-2012

Hardware related question for the graphic artists.

I saw in a picture a Riot employee drawing Hecarim on an upright tablet screen. Can you guys tell me what kind of tablets you use for this sort of professional work? I've been looking for a decent tablet pc for drawing for a while, and haven't found one that's ideal. Hopefully that's not classified information. (I probably can't afford it, but that's something to save up for.)

SolusSage

05-06-2012

I think hes the horseman of war, like how yorick is death and morde is pestilence and possibly eve being famine. Am i on the ball with this and thinking that these guys can possibly be horsemen of something bigger coming from the Isles?

Supinpapower

05-06-2012

Since Hecarim arrived at Valoran, he was obviously trying to give a warning to Valoran, and the Mord bio stated him as a general of some army, this made me conclude that the Shadow Isles are preparing for war, and it looks like that Hecarim also want Valoran to be scared, but as stated before it would be a stupid tatic if Shadow Isles was invading Valoran, this make me think that Hecarim WANTS Valoran to get ready for the war, and the shadow Isle sended a lot of important persons maybe to help Valoran?

This makes me wonder, who is the enemy? it could be a different faction on the Shadow Isles, or they are expecting a powerfull outside invasor like the Voidborns?

Ser Dagon

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlexAlderwood View Post
Hardware related question for the graphic artists.

I saw in a picture a Riot employee drawing Hecarim on an upright tablet screen. Can you guys tell me what kind of tablets you use for this sort of professional work? I've been looking for a decent tablet pc for drawing for a while, and haven't found one that's ideal. Hopefully that's not classified information. (I probably can't afford it, but that's something to save up for.)
Kind of off topic, but it may be a Cintiq tablet from the way you're describing it. Enjoy mortgaging your house to afford one.

HarmlessCareBear

06-17-2012

What weapon is Hecarim (Classic/Blood Knight) using?

Is it a glaive? (Or fauchard, lance, halberd?)

mrdonut89

06-27-2012

Can we have Hecarim be the drummer for Pentakill?