Who do the prisoner Champions fight for?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lewpaka

06-25-2012

I guess I was just kind of wondering who the champions that don't really WANT to be in the League fight for. The purpose of the League is to settle conflicts between the city states right?

So then what function do champions like Brand, Nocturne, Cho'Gath and Kog Maw (as far as I know, the Void is not considered a political entity) have in the League of Legends/Institute of war.

Note that I named these champs because they are all Champions that are being held in the League against their will. This differentiates them from the Champions that fight in the League for reasons of their own that are unknown to us. No one knows why Shaco or Karthus fights, but their reasons are their own and they fight willingly.

So in a system meant to settle disputes between warring City States, what function do prisoners of the mediating body have as warriors?

Quiksilvur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Well, factor this in. They all REALLY like killing stuff. As in, A LOT. (Well, Kog'Maw may not be as such, but he's technically here of his own will, only watched carefully, I'm pretty sure.) They're held prisoner regardless, and frankly, would rather be given a leash than be kept in a cell all day every day. Here, they can exercise their power freely and channel their murderous desires. If I were them, regardless of my actual desires, I'd want to be able to stretch my legs often, figuratively, and the League is a wonderful way to do so.

Fffogolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

I wonder if the institute could be involved in a conflict too... Technically champions like Ryze and Kayle represent the institute, so I wonder if the prisoner champions would represent the institute as well if it was being contested by a city-state?

Quiksilvur

06-25-2012

I really doubt any single city state has the power to confront the Institute, which was designed to prevent such conflict in the first place. The League controls the equivalent of supersoldiers in summoners and more rune magic (practically nuclear warheads, if I'm not mistaken) than any other place. Frankly, Kalamanda demonstrated this. On top of it all, champions opposed to said city-state or opposed to the disruption in general will be fighting with the League as well.

Skagwatcher

06-25-2012

I believe you forgot Renekton. They are all forced to fight and all of them like killing stuff.

Akesgeroth

06-25-2012

Summoners are allowed to summon champions which don't represent their city state. Shaco is a good example; he's not exactly aligned with Noxus, but he's insanely popular with noxian summoners.

Astraltar

06-26-2012

I'm pretty sure that if you're not strictly affiliated with a province/city-state/whatever, then you can be summoned by anyone.

Lewpaka

06-27-2012

I guess that makes sense. I'm not totally sure, but I think from the lore, so long as a Champion agrees to be summoned by a summoner, then they can, which is also what stops noxian summoners from summoning demacian champs and vice-versa.