"Your videos have been disabled from revenue sharing"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleWinning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

So I run a youtube channel where I primarily post League of Legends videos. I emailed a Rioter almost a year ago and they gave me permission to post gameplay content on Youtube. I had no problems monetizing my videos (since its my commentary over a game that I have permission to post)

However, I've been getting "Your videos have been disabled from revenue sharing" on more than half of my videos now. I got in contact with google and they said I needed proper documentation, and then Riot said that they couldn't give me it? Apparently my email saying that I could post League of Legends content wasn't good enough.

So I'm wondering what do I have to do? I don't really make a lotta money on the videos, but its kinda nice since it takes me 2-4 hours to produce a video.

Thanks!

EMAILS:

Quote:
Dear Summoner,

You may put up videos of your gameplay, just not scams or ways to get around things to take advantage of the game. If you just put up your games it will be fine

Sincerely,

Casual Carrot
Riot Support Team
Quote:
Hello again! I need to clarify something, I need written permission from Riot Games that I can monetize my youtube videos. So if you could just clarify that, that would be spectacular. I believe its in both of our interests to allow the community to make money advertising your game afterall, seeing as how the money we make goes towards RP anyway! Thanks.

Nick "DoubleWinning" Gustafson
Quote:
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting me! Unfortunately I cannot provide you an official statement granting you permissions to monetize from YouTube videos. However, if you would like to discuss the issue further, please contact fansites@riotgames.com as they will be able to provide more information and resources for you if you plan to pursue greater involvement with creating fan-made League of Legends content!

If there is anything else that I can help you with, please let me know.

Happy gaming,
Erlin
Quote:
fansites@riotgames.com
I was wondering if I could please get a statement saying I may
monetize my youtube videos. I produce League of Legends commentaries,
clips, tutorials and such that use gameplay footage from League of
Legends. Recently I was told by Youtube that I'll need to provide full
consent that I am allowed to monetize videos I put up. I would like
to get that from you, as I believe me putting up videos is beneficial
in the growing community of League of Legends. My videos encourage
players to play more, buy more RP, and possibly produce their own
content as well (thus continuing the cycle) and I believe I deserve to
be compensated for that.

Thank you for your time,
Nick "DoubleWinning" Gustafson
www.youtube.com/doublewinning
doublewinningg@gmail.com
Quote:
Hey Nick,

We're currently evaluating the best way we can support video producers on YouTube. To be sure, we really value the awesome videos - shoutcasts, education, and entertainment - the community contributors like you create and we want to encourage you guys to continue and reap benefits from your work.

If you have any specific questions or suggestions, let me know and I'll be sure they're considered as our policy is crafted. Our #1 goal here is to ensure our community welcomes and supports creative fan endeavors.

Christopher Wyatt
Fansite Program Manager
E: cwyatt@riotgames.com
Summoner name: Aurum
www.riotgames.com
www.leagueoflegends.com
Quote:
fansites@riotgames.com
I think Youtubers like I should be able to get money from the ads on
our videos. We are promoting your game afterall, wanting the money
from the videos we put up seems a bit unfair. If I could just get
permission to monetize youtube videos with League of Legends content
in it, that'd be great. I know people like ColbyCheeze and RedMercy
and such make money off their videos and just because I'm a smaller
channel I don't think that I should be denied that privledge.

So there are the emails I sent. I contacted google first, they said to contact Riot. I then contacted Riot, they said to contact Fansites. I did that, and then I didn't get a reply after my second email. I know its a lot of emails, but hopefully I can get some help!

Hak3n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Why post on GD? just emial Riot imo

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

04-19-2012

Check the Devtracker, Saiyura or someone posted about this issue. Tamat did too. Email Riot and they'll work with you.

DoubleWinning

04-19-2012

I already did email Riot, they said they couldn't give me proper documentation. I edited the first post to add the emails.

Quitch

04-19-2012

Patience, then. Be persistent, and give them some time to reply?

coffeerox

04-19-2012

It looks like nobody can give authorization on this issue. There's lots of legal things to go through so it's not as simple as somebody at Riot saying, 'sure, go ahead.' Remember that they passed a new bill/law about online videos and other people's content.

DoubleWinning

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitch View Post
Patience, then. Be persistent, and give them some time to reply?
These emails are from February and back, so if they haven't replied by now I think they won't.

DoubleWinning

04-19-2012

bump

DoubleWinning

04-19-2012

Bump! I love making these videos, but it'd be cool if they also paid for my riot points and such haha.

Slikeer

04-19-2012

Your videos are great! I hope this gets resolved for you