AD Runes vs Arpen Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ìćęŃ

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulfos View Post
crit damage quints and the rest of my runes are attack speed. I like it and it works for me.
It's stories like this that offer me true inspiration into becoming the best player I can be.

bebopbountyhead

04-21-2012

AD is for early-game characters that can apply it early and junglers. People like Riven, Renekton, Caitlyn, Sivir and Graves all benefit from flat AD, as they are quite good levels 1-5 and have the ability to apply it multiple times through good ratios and autoattacks. The earlier you're trying to shine, the more AD you want. Also: flat AD helps with last-hits, as minions have negligible armor. Flat AD is better for Riven, as her shield scales offa it. Also try to take into account whatever amount of armor the character is able to reduce and whether they have built-in penetration(olaf).

For later-game characters you want penetration. Early levels your base damage for attacks an abilities is low, making penetration count for less. Ex: Cait has 47 base damage+3 for lvl1. My opponent is another cait with 16 armor. Her armor will reduce my attack by about 7 Damage. So, with arpen reds I'll be dealing about 50 damage. If I change the arpen red for damage reds, it'll bumb my damage to 51 after reduction. If I added arpen quints, I would deal about 1 extra damage early-game, as my opponent only had 1 armor left to penetrate. If I added 7AD from quints, I'd be dealing about 57 damage with either build. The later the game goes, the higher a person's natural armor will be and the higher base damage you will be dealing. The more base damage you deal and the more armor they have, the larger the amount of your damage that will be mitigated by said armor.

Flat AD also makes some junglers jungle faster, as they depend on their attacks to take out camps . Most small camps have low armor, with the big camps having 20. The faster you clear, the healthier you are, the more easily you can justify ganking.

Try flat AD on Renek or Riven. It's quite fun/funny. You become stronger than everyone at lvl1, as your ratios are easy to apply and your autoattack is the strongest. I got fb against a Shyv as Renek after missing my first Q, fighting, and igniting later than her earlier today. I died too, but still: I got fb

bebopbountyhead

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murdertrain View Post
The issue I have with full ArP runes is that armor reduction is applied first, then penetration.
According to:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_penetration

Armor reduction flat, armor reduction %, armor penetration flat, then armor penetration % are applied. So stacking armor reduction and armor pen are kind of useless. It is a balanced mix of both AD, Armor Reduction, and attack speed that I find to be most effective.
You fail to understand synergy. If a character doesn't have a way to apply their AD ratios often early-on, they will suck with flat AD runes. Example: anybody who primarily uses damage steroids over spells. Yi, Tryn, Xin, the list goes on.

Really, the best offensive physical runes depend heavily on the character and the role that you want them to fill. Generally armor pen is good to have in some measure, attack damage is only really for exploiting early advantage and attack speed is comparable, but for characters that already have damage steroids. Attack speed is also better on people with on-hits, though I can't think of a pure ad char that has a prevalent on-hit affect that deals AD and scales well with attack speed.

Reprisal

Recruiter

04-21-2012

Vayne

AdenozinTriFosfa

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1un3 View Post
Everyone always misses this.. but if you are going to get any amount of combination of armor pen and flat damage, you need to get the FLAT AD quints because simply they have a better ratio to their mark counterparts than the armor pen quints do
Thanks to your idea I just squeezed out +1 damage. <3