Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Attack Damage Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korenoth

04-18-2012

AD Malzahar is kind of a niche build, and it can do well in Dominion as the bottom. But it isn't valuable in team fights at all, making it worthless in SR and Twisted Treeline, entirely due to the fact that the voidlings have very little health, and will almost always die immediately to all the AoE in most team fights. Without them, he has no real damage.

I propose that a fairly simple change be made, that will have almost no effect on AP Malzahar: Give the voidlings a 50% reduction in AoE damage taken (which, if I am not mistaken, Yorick's ghouls have) or let them scale on Malzahar's health, armor, and MR.

Just my thoughts on this.

CrispyCoffee

04-19-2012

bump

DarkSideCreo

04-19-2012

I've never seen this build, what are the benefits of ad on malzahar?

KillerTortilla

04-19-2012

Why are you suggesting buffing a build that he isn't made for? The minions actually do quite a lot of damage. If they actually become a real threat in team fights then people will burst them down anyway. Even a 50% reduction probably won't help them survive.

TheoryoftheCrows

04-19-2012

I don't see any reason in adjusting an all out mage so two people in the entire community can troll with off hand builds. The champion design team has way more important stuff to be working on.

KobaltKode

04-19-2012

Quote:
DarkSideCreo:
I've never seen this build, what are the benefits of ad on malzahar?

Minions share a 1 to 1 hidden ratio to Malzahar's bonus AD and Armor Penetration. Given good CDR it is possible to utilize the base damage from his skills along with 2-3 minions at the same time to deal considerable damage. Especially, when you consider the power of minion frenzy. The true benefit to AD Malzahar is that it's fairly easy for him to stay relevant after his ultimate is spent, given that the voidlings stay alive.

Quote:
KillerTortilla:
Why are you suggesting buffing a build that he isn't made for? The minions actually do quite a lot of damage. If they actually become a real threat in team fights then people will burst them down anyway. Even a 50% reduction probably won't help them survive.

The minion's hidden attributes tell a different story in regards to what he is "built to do." The minions are also surprisingly tanky once they hit stage 2. They generally go unfocused as well, though that would change given a reduction to AoE. They can easily soak 2 single target skills late game, but don't really hold up to the type of crit damage an AD carry puts out. Then again, the couple seconds it would take them to stop to kill it could mean the difference between victory or defeat!

I don't play AD Malzahar myself, but support unconventional builds that make the game more interesting. Champs without options are boring to me!

Korenoth

04-29-2012

The reason I am recommending a reduction in AoE damage is because they die instantly WITHOUT being focused, rendering the build that the minions stats were clearly designed to account for completely worthless in team fights. If they are a threat, focus them down, sure. Just like you kill the AD Carry.

The voidlings get +50% armor at stage 2, but their MR is forever the same. If I am not mistaken, it is 20-40, though I am not sure the exact number. Which means that, while they have 1000 health at level 18, they have effectivly 0 MR to an AP champion with Sorc Boots and MPen runes, and won't last past the first AoE salvo.

Theory, you are free to believe as you'd like, but a decent number of Dominion players are quite familiar with the build and what it is capable of. The reason SR players have never heard of it is because it isn't useful in SR, without some sort of buff to the minions.

DNeon

04-29-2012

I support this, although I'd like to see this in action, I myself am also a support of unconventional builds, and always love when a champ can be played in multiple ways (I hope the rework on Yi doesn't mess with his AP potential, I hope it buffs it somewhat as well). I wish Riot wasn't so restricting n how they wanted people to play champions.

Korenoth

04-30-2012

java.util.Bump.topThread();

Korenoth

05-02-2012

Random bump.