LoLU Lesson 1: Attitude

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

04-29-2012

I quite agree good sir. *sips tea*
But seriously. I admit I have lost my cool on occasion. One time I forgot that there was an ignore button, lost it really bad, and proceeded to AFK at a fountain. Looking back on it, I feel I could have responded better.

Warm One

04-29-2012

I disagree with #5. I say BG, when it indeed it was a bad game, to them, or to me. I only say GG when it indeed was a good game, where there were tense moments all around, with good back-and-forth tug of war that made the feel of the game be worthwhile when I'm winning, or saying they truly did play good if I lose.

UberY0shi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Awesome stuff here, Mike. +1

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

That's why I usually go with wp unless it's actually a gg.

Crazy Luck

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Lovv View Post
How about all players period?
I so wish there was a way for this to happen, as it is, in any level, it seems as if so many players act as if their whole world revolves around winning or kills and if they lose the game, they will die. It's so disappointing to see people who would rather bash than teach. Question I have though, and it's one that could be a double edged sword, is how do you help them realize that they are hindering rather than helping? How do you bring them down a notch without stooping to their level. Everytime I hear the word noob, I'm always thinking in my head only noobs call others noob, especially when it's more than once an hour, but I never say it, because I know it does more harm than good. I believe at the very least they should put an option to mute only specific players, or make it easier to see that option while in game so people can enjoy the rest of the game, win or lose.

TG Thorn

06-21-2012

All you can do is point out that they are being counter productive. Sometimes it works and other times you become the target of their rage.

bluemoonprncss

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acideaux View Post
Thank you for this post. I'm always intimidated going into a new game with a learning curve. I had planned to just avoid PvP and be a hermit. This thread has assured me that there are some sophisticated and friendly people out there. I need a friendly environment to have fun and to stick with a game for more than a week.
me 2 i was just about to quit pvp as i hate having people raged at me and most game i played lately my team lost but i will try not to get discouraged an continue to pvp till i get better. i appreciate this thread and what the OP does to all the newbies.

silveraxx

07-26-2012

Lesson learned!

Baraqel

07-27-2012

love the bit about MIA's, yesterday in one game my teams was pushing mid with lots of team fights breaking out, some some dude on my team kept trying to split push and kept getting killed and started a huge tantrum about no one calling mia

Chunkybile

09-05-2012

Wow, just wow. I have been playing on and off with friends for some time and while they are all better than me and I have been trying my best to get better, you taught me more about what they DON'T know in one post than they have the entire 6 months I have played this game.

Specifically point 1a. My friends always, always, ALWAYS, call me and each other out for this and I have for a long time now had that same thought process go through my head every time it happens (to me or anyone else) but chose not to say anything because when you get down to it, they probably do know more about the game than I do.

Thank you for proving to me that this entire community isn't just filled with buttheads who would rather berate you than to look to help you learn.