Loss Prevented?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesaura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-18-2012

Can someone explain what that is? (If you need a little backstory)

We surrendered, the game went on for a full hour. Before I could go to the end game screen, it said I was missing some files (Obviously I wasn't because LoL is still working for me). I went to my match history and I had a "lost prevented" for the game we surrendered to.

X1ARekk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Came here looking for the same answer. Just played a game where my internet was being a jerk, surrendered. "Loss Prevented". Anyone have any insight into this?

Onie

04-18-2012

just had the same thing happen to me, although my team was getting stomped and they destroyed our nexus when i went into match history it said loss prevented, could someone share some knowledge?

verminaard34

04-18-2012

Loss Prevention is where you don't lose elo or record a loss because of one reason or another. Guessing its because of the chat issues tonight.

Delta Beta

04-18-2012

Same here and i think it's something to do with the chat issues too

Aesaura

Recruiter

04-18-2012

Oh, it's the same as Loss forgiven? Thanks.

Best Adc in Asia

04-19-2012

Yeah it happened to me too. We surrendered but here was chat issues and someone exited the game at the same time.

Lxs

05-04-2012

its not the chat the the servers had been abit laggy people would DC but be able to reconnect straight away, i played 2 game only cause this happend to me, one game i had 4 people DC and reconnect straight away, i got lost provented for both of these games

keynes vs hayek

06-20-2012

wtf is that?

ZeroLaw

06-20-2012

"Loss Prevention" is just a failsafe...basically it does not record that game as a win or loss but rather places it in limbo because a issue has occurred. Such as server lag or chat issues, stuff like that.
Hope that helps. Dont quote me but i think its the same thing as "loss forgiven".