Scummbag Elo system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

terhen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void2258 View Post
I started season two with 2 wins and then got 7 games in a row of 2 DCers on my team. My ELO tanked from the placement adjustment and now I am ten wins behind my loses and going down because of how bad my teams are. I just spent the entire weekend with only one win, despite dominating or at least holding even my own lane almost every game.
Not to be a buzzkiller but... just checked your ranked stats and... umm... you have a good margin of improvement to be done KDA related with champs other than sona or makokai, but with both of them you seem to do really well

The Golijov

04-25-2012

At the very least, make it so that if someone on your team NEVER CONNECTS to the game at all that you don't lose ELO. Loss forgiveness for early leavers or feeders is more controversial for sure, but it doesn't make sense to punish a player's individual ranking score because some other person's internet died before the match started or something like that. Actually, it would be best if there was a system in place where someone disconnecting after champ select but before loading finishes caused the game to be canceled in a manner similar to when someone leaves during champion select. Even if the person quickly reconnected, it would leave them with no penalty (assuming the system is designed not to stick the same ELO penalty on a d/c during loading as leaving during champ select).

Diemite

04-25-2012

Just played a game, 2 guys left after first blood and we sat there for 15minutes getting wrecked...
Something has to be done about this, It's very unfair.

terhen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ore nara dekiru View Post
At the very least, make it so that if someone on your team NEVER CONNECTS to the game at all that you don't lose ELO. Loss forgiveness for early leavers or feeders is more controversial for sure, but it doesn't make sense to punish a player's individual ranking score because some other person's internet died before the match started or something like that. Actually, it would be best if there was a system in place where someone disconnecting after champ select but before loading finishes caused the game to be canceled in a manner similar to when someone leaves during champion select. Even if the person quickly reconnected, it would leave them with no penalty (assuming the system is designed not to stick the same ELO penalty on a d/c during loading as leaving during champ select).
Now that's a good idea, implementing a means for the game to cancel itself after an amount of time it had began if a player never connected or has never acted in the game since 0:00 time stamp

bigwolf97

04-29-2012

This is another reason why having the option to play a casual game should be available, with harsher consequences for leavers/afk in serious games. Vote on my poll here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2072993

xAlex79

04-29-2012

I reckon if someone leaves without affecting any won or loss elo, the leaver should lose 100 each time. Therefore a serial troll leaver would end up a 0 elo in about a week and we would never see them in our games any more.

That or make it that when 7 players report a leaver in a game (both teams) the player gets blocked from ranked games for a week or even a month.