DPS Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Railen

08-10-2010

So I was screwing around with Taric, because im new, hadn't tried him yet, and he is free. I noticed on my first game going AP build that if im attacking in melee when my Ult is up I can almost leach enough mana to sustain it for a good little bit without having any damage items.

Took a closer look and noticed he gets +90 damage from the dang thing, So I preceeded to make a DPS build with him, I started out going Nashors+Last whisper and then built an Infinity edge, grabbed some cheapo agility capes at the end to make those crits proc more.

It actually worked very well, i could sustain the ULT being on well through the teamfights provided I was hitting stuff. I went with the Nashors for the CDR+attack speed since the Ult adds 90 DMG figured the more attacks the better. Anyone else tried a DPS Taric? any idea's on what would be a good item combo for him?

peyo

08-10-2010

Stark's Fervor

but I like AP much more... 600+ stuns/aoe + badass healings ftw

FuYA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

The problem with DPS is Taric is even with lots of AS+ items the Attack speed is still pretty slow. You are ussually better off stacking AP if you want to deal real damage and just getting Golem buff to keep Ult On pretty much for a 30 seconds straight with losing any mana. His Stun has a 1:1 AP ratio. And So does his Heal. So if you can get to 400 AP which is surprisingly easy with RoA Zhonyas and whatever else you wanna add. You ca be dealing 800 damage stuns at close range. And Healing for about 700. Also it makes your Ult Heal you faster.

The truth is that Healing faster is better than dealing damage in this game. Thats why his heal was nerfed twice already. I play Taric alost and ussually the best route to go with him is actually to stack Armor, MR, and HP. Then get some CDR probably from Omen to lower your Stun CD down enough to were you can stun every 6 seconds or so.

Railen

08-10-2010

So, tried it starting out going zeal, then boots, then building a phantom dancer then infinity edge, my team wasn't good at the whole pushing as a team thing so it went on for a while but I ended up 32/4/15. I happened to end up with Berserker boots, Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge, Glacial Shroud Banshee's Viel and a Guardian Angel, the last 2 were pretty much gravy as I was desperately trying to get the team to push as a team but they wouldn't and I wasn't able to beat all 5 of them....

maybe if I had some actual life leach cause the regen wasn't cutting it under that much fire. Next time I'm going to try starting out Zeal+starks then build the infinity edge then the phantom dancer and see how that holds up... All and all its very comparable to playing a AD Sion but I suspect Sion will end up better.

penatbater

08-10-2010

dps taric is wonderful if you've hit arount 1.5 atk speed and you got a black cleaver. however, its very hard to do esp it takes a long time for you to shine. it'll work wonderfully though for pesky tanks stacking armor. starks, last whisp, black cleaver, zerker boots, and probably phantom or any other atk speed item. the nice thing about it is the extra free 90 dmg bonus at lvl 16, which is enough to match other dpsers. just get the golem buff and chalice if you want your mana regen to stay up for long.

peyo

08-10-2010

not last whisper.. stark's is 20 reduction, Cleaver is 60 and your shield is another 30... you have 110 armor REDUCTION and it makes that LW a bit useless, especially if you have ArPen runes/masteries..

Axxle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-10-2010

I find if your trying out a dps taric in a normal game, your teams gets super mad if your not carrying lol. You can't carry them all lol, It's pretty discouraging. I got tired of the complaints and just started building him tank.