Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is the community horrible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serriyu

04-18-2012

I know this is the wrong forum.

But I have a question, LoL community.

Why do you suck so bad?

Let me explain. The LoL community is by far the worst, most mean, rude, and generally horrible and unwelcoming community in any game out there. At the end of every game you see something like "gg noobs", "<insert champion> noob", "lol gg scrubs" and general insulting and hurtful words. People aren't helpful - they insult others for having questions and they don't help people who have things to learn. I'm sure I'll get insulted for posting this.

Why is the community so freaking awful? Full of mean, hurtful and generally awful people.

Ironshot

04-18-2012

By mentioning "I'm sure I'll get insulted for posting this", you are not free from our scorn.
You just insulted all of us. You are part of the problem. Not only are you posting in the wrong section of the forums, which you aren't exempt from simply because you mentioned that you're aware of the fact, but you're making irrelevant and baseless claims.
This is not a bad community. There are a lot of rude, angry individuals, sure. They are outweighed by the intelligent and eloquent, at least in posts and upvotes if not numbers.
Don't blanket statement "You're all ****heads". That just makes you a ****head.

Jamaree

04-18-2012

Quote:
Serriyu:
I know this is the wrong forum.

But I have a question, LoL community.

Why do you suck so bad?

Let me explain. The LoL community is by far the worst, most mean, rude, and generally horrible and unwelcoming community in any game out there. At the end of every game you see something like "gg noobs", "<insert champion> noob", "lol gg scrubs" and general insulting and hurtful words. People aren't helpful - they insult others for having questions and they don't help people who have things to learn. I'm sure I'll get insulted for posting this.

Why is the community so freaking awful? Full of mean, hurtful and generally awful people.

Tell me a community that doesn't do that with a PvP game. Sure, there are plenty of people who are downright mean, by at the same time, there are people willing to help, compliment on good plays, or are just generally nice. Those mean people are at times people who have suffered loss after loss and become jaded and say things they probably didn't mean or were just so annoyed, couldn't help but say it. Though at times, yes, some of the people in the community are downright mean, but so goes PvP games, and I have yet to find a PvP game that didn't have a ******bag community, if you find one, tell me.

Iner7ia

04-18-2012

I really kinda disagree. The LoL community is the worst community I've ever seen. It makes the TF2 community look good. The people on the forums tend to be the better of the community, but those in game are terrible.

I don't see how you could pretend that the LoL community isn't bad...

Iner7ia

04-18-2012

Quote:
Jamaree:
Tell me a community that doesn't do that with a PvP game. Sure, there are plenty of people who are downright mean, by at the same time, there are people willing to help, compliment on good plays, or are just generally nice. Those mean people are at times people who have suffered loss after loss and become jaded and say things they probably didn't mean or were just so annoyed, couldn't help but say it. Though at times, yes, some of the people in the community are downright mean, but so goes PvP games, and I have yet to find a PvP game that didn't have a ******bag community, if you find one, tell me.

^ This.

Héró

04-18-2012

well, as some people are just ass holes, almost everyone in the world will boast after winning one way or another, in any competitive game/sport, if u get dominated by the other team u better beleive some one will let u know that you got domianted.

Carnack

04-18-2012

Quote:
Ironshot:
By mentioning "I'm sure I'll get insulted for posting this", you are not free from our scorn.
You just insulted all of us.

Actually it's not. There is a distinction. If someone is being an ******* and someone else labels them an ******* then the one labeling is not being insulting but truthful.

And he's right. A lot of us actually work at being *******s. Those same people would not be so brave without the moniter to hide behind.

There is a such a thing as a graceful victor.

ImpostersEnd

04-18-2012

Just ignore every ******* and chump who insults then tells you to 1v1 me noob. They are never worth your time. Sure they may have had a bad game, but its just better off if you don't have to hear from them. What's also bad is the people who don't communicate at all. Ever. then when they die they blame you because they can't speak up about tactics and whatnot. Team games require communication.

Giltia Zero

04-18-2012

HAHAH nope. This is a MOBA. Everyone being huge troll ****s to everyone else is pretty much par for the course.

Onimus Terlain

04-18-2012

Personally, I've never played any other online games before. I just assumed this is how people act online when they don't have to face the person they are mocking.

Are you saying there are games where there aren't people being mean to each other on the internet?

that's pretty incredible.

As for the GG noobs and all that, i never use the term noob. And I never call people out on the other team either; unless of course, they start it.

If during the game, someone all chats that we're noobs or that we suck or anything like that, if we end up winning, they're gonna hear from me.

But if they stay quiet, I stay quiet. And that's generally how other people are that I've played against too.

Just use the ignore button. I don't solo queue that often, because I don't like playing games where I have to depend on people I don't know to be competent. But when I do, if someone is talking too much, I just mute them and keep on playing. Don't let it affect you.