Owning with Blitzcrank

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikarurob

04-18-2012

ooops forgot, only the OP knows anything about blitz, despite the evidence to the contrary.

Delete your terribad guide. You dont know **** about Blitzcrank. Go back to Xin, or whatever it is you really play.

prospectors blade? really?

inFe eD

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Alright you guys win. Clearly you don't even bother to read guides. I specifically stated that every 2 points of mana (4g) gives you 2.5g worth of health... once a minute when you are low. That shield does NOT include magic resistance and armor unlike most. Therefore, it actually is more like 3 or 4 mana needed to get a single point of virtual health.

So you are spending 8 gold worth of mana to get 2.5 gold worth of health. Obviously not cost effective to chase mana.

Manamune allows you to convert every 50 points of mana (100g worth) to 1 point of AD (40g worth). This is nice and all but it costs you 2400g to gain this ability. So unless you buy manamune with a 3k mana pool it will put you at a temporary lull.

Blitz gets some natural charge from his W and can even pre-pump it somewhat during the first minute 20. But tear boostage is pretty slow going for most, unless you take bottom lane.
Ryze bottom doesn't even get a fully charged tear in dominion. How would Blitz?

Blitz takes Manamune in SR because he NEEDS THE MANA to DO STUFF. In dominion, the huge mana regen means this isn't needed. So buying mana itself doesn't actually help him, except for the Shield bonus and possible Manamune bonus, both of which are not very efficient on their own.

You can always take boots and 2 sapphire crystals if you don't want prospectors. That will upgrade to Glacial Shroud and Sheen without slowing down the build if desired. Prospectors is quite efficient though as for 1k gold, you get 600g of AD, 500g of health, 250g of usable lifesteal.
It looks bad on paper, but mana shield is an utterly amazing ability simply because it makes you look deceptively easy to kill. Even the best players get tricked by a low HP blitz suddenly popping a 1.5k mana shield, regardless of the fact that it isn't affected by armor/MR. You're also ignoring the fact that, if you're spamming your abilities regularly, you're going to be cutting into your mana pool and thus your HP unless you have tear's regen.

Mana shield also gains strength comparatively when you account for Dominion's passive % aura and the fact that LW/Void is so heavily prevalent amongst skilled players.
Quote:
Ryze bottom doesn't even get a fully charged tear in dominion. How would Blitz?
This makes it painfully obvious that you've never ran a CDR/Tear Blitz on Dominion before, because unless the game is a 400-0 landslide I ALWAYS max my tear.

Makestro

04-18-2012

Warrrrax you should just quit trying, you obviously have no clue on how important manamune is to blitz and trying to defend you position is making you look like an idiot.

Alex Dude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Quote:
Hence the name Blitzcrack.
I prefer "Critzcrank."

@people good with blitz: what order do you recommend to get these items:
tear
manamune
shroud
fh
sheen
trinity

ColdFireBeast

04-18-2012

@OP
I'm not meaning to sound, well, mean. But could you kindly stop trying to write guides? You really just aren't that good. You're average at the very best, I think. It really doesn't help newbies at all to be getting flawed advice from you.

Laurix

04-18-2012

**** just got real.

Redenbacher

04-19-2012

Wow... this is depressing.

...and I don't mean the guide.

I mean the community's response to someone actively trying to post something constructive to the Dominion forums, amongst all the whining. This community is typically very informative and constructive, and all I see is a bunch of trolling about ONE LINE in a guide that really isn't that bad. You'd think Warrrax just committed some kind of heresy against the cult of Dominionators.

Get off your soap boxes and have a constructive argument on how the guide can be improved, rather than telling the OP off. What are you seriously trying to accomplish? 'Delete your terribad guide', really? Are we six years old? Can we not turn this in to another GD trollfest?

One thing that should be clearly understood is that a guide post is not something set-in-stone. Every time a guide is posted, and the OP takes the time to write out something more detailed and descriptive than an item list, they are typically open to constructive criticism and discussing their POV on the subject. It's up to the community to evaluate and identify areas of improvement for the guide so that it can help the community as a whole. Slamming anyone that actively seeks to make positive contributions to the community is just creating a hostile environment for anyone else that may wish to do the same.

Makestro

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Wow... this is depressing.

...and I don't mean the guide.

I mean the community's response to someone actively trying to post something constructive to the Dominion forums, amongst all the whining. This community is typically very informative and constructive, and all I see is a bunch of trolling about ONE LINE in a guide that really isn't that bad. You'd think Warrrax just committed some kind of heresy against the cult of Dominionators.

Get off your soap boxes and have a constructive argument on how the guide can be improved, rather than telling the OP off. What are you seriously trying to accomplish? 'Delete your terribad guide', really? Are we six years old? Can we not turn this in to another GD trollfest?
He's telling people that a core item of a champion is trash. And arguing with people who actually play the champion beyond the free week, so once again, he's wrong and he's going to get called out for it.

inFe eD

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
He's telling people that a core item of a champion is trash. And arguing with people who actually play the champion beyond the free week, so once again, he's wrong and he's going to get called out for it.
There's a difference between calling someone out constructively, and flaming them to stroke your ego.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Redenbacher, thanks man. I have to say I was rather unprepared for the amount of pure trolling and 1 liners. I don't see anyone else writing dominion guides. I know General is full of tards but Strategy has usually been pretty solid. I guess Dominion is half and half.

At least some of the people were decent enough to explain their position. Yes most were ****s but they tried. I'll attempt one more time to mathematically show that Manamune just isn't the best choice for Dominion. It's not BAD per se, just not as great as it is on SR. This just shows that even great players aren't necessarily good at analysis.

Facts:

1) Apart from Shield/Manamune effect, mana by itself is not very useful for Blitz. He has plenty of mana and dominion mana regen to use his abilities. Unlike SR, mana pool does not significantly increase his ability to do stuff.

2) Tear/MM gives between 350 and 1350 mana. If you cast 1 spell every 5 seconds for the entire game (48 mana per minute gained) it STILL takes 21 minutes(!) to fully charge a tear. Even with Blitz quick Fist cooldowns and often use of his W buff, he simply won't fully charge a tear in an average dominion game.
If you take the mana that a tear gets from minute #1 to end of game and average it out, you will get about 600 mana. I will be generous and say 700 on average, which makes the assumption that a tear gets 3/4ths charged in an average dominion game.

3) Blitz himself starts at about 300 mana and ends up at 1500 naturally (MINUS tear). That averages out to be about 1000 mana.

Analysis/Conclusions:

1) The tear/MM gives 350 virtual health worth of shield. However the shield does NOT factor in armor/MR so its really worth about 200 virtual health on average.
This 'virtual health' is worth 500 gold (2.5 g per health point)

2) Manamune takes 1700mana and gives 20+34 AD out of it. This is worth about 2180g. (40g per AD)

So the 2400 gold manamune gives an average of 500+2180 = 2680 gold worth of stats in an average game. Since this is an average value, it means it gives an early game lull, a midgame breakeven, and lategame finally becomes pretty good.

On the other hand, a hexdrinker costs 1400g and provides,
25 AD - Worth 1000g.
30 MR - Worth 450g
Shield - Gives 250 virtual health which is theoretically equal to 625g.
--------------------------
1400g cost for 2075g worth of benefits.

And upgradable to a Maw which costs 3300g and provides:
55 AD - worth 2200g
36 MR - worth 540g
Passive AD - Between 0 and 40 worth. Due to blitz shield and Maw shield, a 30% health stopping point is pretty likely.
That means 28 AD gained from passive - Worth 1120g.
400 damage shield... worth 1000g in theory.
----------------------------------
3300 gold cost for 4860g in benefits. [though that is an optimistic analysis granted]

So basically Hexdrinker/Maw is more cost-effective than Manamune AND doesn't have the early game lull that you get from MM.
It is also a "bigger" item and thus is a bit more slot-effective...although in dominion this doesn't really matter much.
You don't have to worry about charging a tear iether.
And finally, this allows you to focus more on Defense/CDR early game and then transition to offense (plus plugs the magic resist hole really nicely), whereas a tear/MM MUST be gotten from the very start.

123456 ... 7