How to build corki.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ski11z

04-18-2012

Do you get tri force on him? And is going crit any good or is it better to go attack pen.

konrath17

04-18-2012

my full build for corki is 3 phantom dancers 1 black cleaver 1 blood thirster and 1 inf edge. this build can kill anyone but just watch for those who run thornmail.

Amoc

04-18-2012

Yeah...so how often do you manage 3 phantom dancers konrath?

OP - Corki is more of an AD caster. I would be focusing largely on attack damage items if I were you, kind of like Talon or Pantheon. Blood Thirsters are your friend. Triforce is okay I guess, but I wouldn't build it myself. I wouldn't play Corki in the first place though.

DMPuffy

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konrath17 View Post
my full build for corki is 3 phantom dancers 1 black cleaver 1 blood thirster and 1 inf edge. this build can kill anyone but just watch for those who run thornmail.
No.

ski11z

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc View Post
Yeah...so how often do you manage 3 phantom dancers konrath?

OP - Corki is more of an AD caster. I would be focusing largely on attack damage items if I were you, kind of like Talon or Pantheon. Blood Thirsters are your friend. Triforce is okay I guess, but I wouldn't build it myself. I wouldn't play Corki in the first place though.
And why not corki is a solid pick.

Aikimiller

04-18-2012

I have been Maining corki in low elo ranked lately, and he's carrying up upwards, slowly but surely.

He is, as previously mentioned, an AD caster. He is very, very strong, but he's not flavour of the month right now. If you're good with him, he's definatly top tier, but he has a slightly different playstyle, and a much stronger early and mid game than Vayne or Kog maw. Keeping this in mind, there are two general builds. The first is the traditional Phantom Dancer + Infinity Edge that most AD carries build, it deals lots of damage, and there's nothing wrong with it, there's a reason it;s the standard build on almost all AD carries. However, this doesn't bring as much utility as a Triforce+Bloodthirster, which I think is better for him, and the build path actually does a bit more damage early, which combines well with his very strong mid game, as well as making him quite good in a 1v1 duel.

Black Cleaver is strong, however bloodthirster gives better synergy with your spells, as it has better damage, and it has sustain- something you really want as an AD carry.

My typical corki build: Boots and Dorans blade, upgrading the boots to berserkers greaves, and buying a vamp sceptre. Next item is Zeal, BF sword, then upgrade the zeal to a triforce and BFsword into a bloodthirster. After this I usaully go for defensive items- Hexdrinker/Maw of Malmortis is really, really good on Corki as a defensive item that also packs quite a bit of damage.

If the game goes super-long, sell boots for a phantom dancer, and pick up another bloodthirster, or if they've built a lot of armor Last Whisper, as tanks will be very difficult to kill otherwise this late in the game.

Black Cleaver is a decent item on him, I do like it, but it's not better than Bloodthirster- particularly because bloodthirster gives sustain, and you can buy the vamp sceptre early.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Corki is alright. He is kind of a weak version of Graves to be honest.

Graves has 3 AoE effects, 2 with solid AD scaling. Furthermore they all happen to be AT THE SAME RANGE (700+) which is a hell of a lot for a so-called "gritty infighter".

Corki has the same technically but they are all at different ranges. His Poke is extreme 1200ish but awful scaling, his Grenade (AP scaling) at 600ish, and his gatling gun with good AD scaling is at near-melee range.
That makes him a lot harder to use and drop the sweet deeps on someone, but he is more versatile too.

Graves is better at burst for this reason, and that his Ult deals tons of damage at once, instead of a fast firing poke and a damage over time gatling gun.

Corki has a better escape with excellent range. Graves' doubles as an Attack Speed steroid making him a better autoattacker.

Corki gets true damage on his autoattacks which varies from about 5 to 30 true damage per autoattack depending on your AD.
Graves gets free armor/MR for blasting away as his passive.

Graves is slightly tougher healthwise
-----
TriForce works well with Corki because he spams his spells while attacking. So he can very reliably proc the 150 damage hit every few seconds. Normally 150 damage would mean 150 AD which costs 6000 gold! So this proc is extremely valuable if you can proc it every other autoattack basically.

It also gives corki extra movespeed when he would normally not be able to get this since he doesn't take Phantom Dancer due to his acting more like a physical caster than a true autoattacker.

Amoc

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski11z View Post
And why not corki is a solid pick.
Corki is average, at best, in my opinion. His extremely low attack range, combined with his mixed AP/AD kit put him at a significant disadvantage to someone like Caitlyn, Kog'Maw, Graves or Vayne.

Corki could be much better than he is. Scaling his grenade with AD instead of AP would be a good start.

Ayestes

04-18-2012

Mathematically Infinity Edge and Black Cleaver do way more damage then Trinity Force for sustained dps combat, which you typically have your AD Carry do. Trinity Force has other advantages that don't involve direct dps though, for the cost.

It really depends on what your goals are. If you want to be more like an Assassin, Trinity Force is great. Otherwise I'd recommend the Infinity Edge / Phantom Dancer / Last Whisper to destroy the tank line like most other AD Carries.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc View Post
Corki is average, at best, in my opinion. His extremely low attack range, combined with his mixed AP/AD kit put him at a significant disadvantage to someone like Caitlyn, Kog'Maw, Graves or Vayne.

Corki could be much better than he is. Scaling his grenade with AD instead of AP would be a good start.
I agree and found it rather amusing that they NERFED Corki for being too good, right about the time they released Graves. Freaking 1.0 Graves who totally owns anything and everything. WTF kind of balance is that?