"Best" Jungle Character to learn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madraac

04-18-2012

Shen is often banned as well though... if you are playing ranked games, you want to avoid initially learning characters such as Rammus, Warwick, Shen, Morgana, Shaco, Kassadin...... as they tend to be banned more often than not.

For AD jungling, I would recommend either Udyr or Skarner. Skarner has better late game potential as an off tank, and due to his spamming nature, you will have a higher damage output so he will play somewhat similar to Yi, but with more survivability. Plus his Ult is the best initiator in the game, if you can get the right target. Nothing like stabbing the opposing team's carry and dragging them into range of your entire team for a quick kill and setting up a 5v4 hugely in your favor.

Richard Lazer

04-18-2012

yi is alright
mundo is really east to learn and good
shaco is nice and the box of his makes clearing easy
ww is easy and his ult is good

banditsuit

04-18-2012

I like Fiddlesticks
People rage hard when I gank out of nowhere with Drain

DJLTheFirst

04-18-2012

Depends on your skill preference. If you can land skillshots with ease, I suggest you Nautilus. He's one of the best cc offering champion, is an tank, and also he is not super-item dependent to be efficient. Just remember, try to save your q until the enemy flash away or use one of their dash skill.

Proletaria

04-18-2012

I second Mundo. I've been learning the finer points of not being terrible at jungling on him (work in progress). He clears insanely fast w/o any rune support to speak of. The drawback is without exhaust he has to have a completely asleep-at-the-wheel target for ganks unless your laner has a hard cc and in the late game he feels really impotent compared to many alternatives. Of course, that appears to be the case for a lot of the fast jungling crowd so just pick your poison and remember that your aren't just there to farm jungle creeps. Opportune ganks, timers on dragon/baron/buffs, and covering lanes that are vacant/tower under pressure, are also important

FyodorD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

If you enjoy Yi then I really suggest you give Warwick a shot. He's:

- Cheap in IP
- Powerful melee damage
- Excellent sustain in jungle due to lifesteal
- Great ganks at lvl 6 and up
- Easy to learn

Lee Sin is a great jungler as well, though I would recommend not buying him if you're inexperienced or low level. The advantages he brings with his kick (positioning) and his ability to give blue buff to the AP mid are often wasted if you have a bad team.

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Rammus, Warwick, and Jax are all fun to jungle.

B Bunny1

04-18-2012

Did Shaco get nerfed or something in the last month? Every game I played, he was picked. Now I don't see him. Solo queue btw.

Be11

04-18-2012

Best jungler.. I don't believe there is such a thing. It is much more important to pick your jungler to go with your team comp and the opposing team's comp. With you being new I'd highly suggest Udyr for the price and versatility. He does great dmg, farms well, ganks well, great sustain and map control.

Other junglers I highly suggest:

Alistar : God like ganks from lvl 2, decent dmg, lots of cc, and can be built many different ways.

Shaco : God like ganks from lvl 2, great dmg, some cc, either go AP or AD, AP not advised though, great at counter junglin, and can take dragon at lvl 6 easily.

Noc : Ganks at lvl 4 pretty much, great Ad dmg, scales extremely well late game, built in spell block, great ult, only has 1 cc with isn't very reliable.

There are more junglers that are very good like Lee Sin, Maokai, Trundle. With you being new I would not suggest getting them first especially Lee Sin. This is my opinion and hope it helps you.

tapobu

04-18-2012

jungle choice is really a matter of personal preference and what you can afford. i really wouldn't recommend yi though, because he's no good in competitive play.

i'm not going to give all my opinions here, but i have a list of good junglers at my guide at this link: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=12408