Nocturne Jungle Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glayde

Recruiter

04-17-2012

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have some Nocturne Jungling guides and/or builds. I'm somewhat low ranked (Level 17) but I have decent skill because I jusually play with friends (level 30). But anyways, here's what a I usually start with, any suggestions would be great.

- Cloth + 5 health pots (some people say to get a a Vamp Scepter, but I don't have a lot of runes and not enough Masteries.)
- Then I usually go for either first tier boots + more HP pots or Wriggle's, depending on my gold.
- Berserker Greaves (obviously...I think)
- Frozen Mallet + Atma's OR the standard IE, Phantom, and BT
- Banshee's or Guardian Angel

I upgrade R - Q - E - W. I take Flash and Smite.

Again, thanks for any suggestions!

JxC

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glayde View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have some Nocturne Jungling guides and/or builds. I'm somewhat low ranked (Level 17) but I have decent skill because I jusually play with friends (level 30). But anyways, here's what a I usually start with, any suggestions would be great.

- Cloth + 5 health pots (some people say to get a a Vamp Scepter, but I don't have a lot of runes and not enough Masteries.)
- Then I usually go for either first tier boots + more HP pots or Wriggle's, depending on my gold.
- Berserker Greaves (obviously...I think)
- Frozen Mallet + Atma's OR the standard IE, Phantom, and BT
- Banshee's or Guardian Angel

I upgrade R - Q - E - W. I take Flash and Smite.

Again, thanks for any suggestions!
its hard to jungle pre 20 without runes but this is the general build i go.

start boots + 3 pots (i run life steal quints which sustain my jungle. boots help ganks a lot and getting from camp to camp). since you're lvl 17 cloth + 5 would be your safest bet.
if you start cloth, on your first back get t1 boots and try to finish wriggles first. the madreds proc helps you clear jungle faster and you need the life steal for sustain. after that finish your t2 boots. your t2 boots should not always be zerk greaves either. run zerk greaves either if you're snowballing ahead (you're so far ahead that you don't care about what your opponents do) or if you're very behind (helps clear camps faster). generally run merc treads if your opponent is ap and cc heavy and ninja tabis if ad heavy.
after you finish t2 boots and wriggles, there is no set build, you build according to how you're doing and how your opponents team comp is. if they're ap heavy build a hexdrinker or wits end. if they're tanky ad, go for a brutalizer. after which go for a warmogs or frozen mallet. If snowballing you can go for more dmg items like IE.
Example end game builds-
AP heavy- Merc Treads -> Wriggles (can sell for another item like GA if game is long enough), Maw of Mal., Warmogs, Wits End, Atmas
AD heavy- Ninja Tabis -> Wriggles (same as above), Yonmmus, Frozen Mallet, Atmas, Randuins
Balanced- Merc Treads, Wriggles (same as above), Maw of Mal., Randuins, Frozen Mallet, Atmas.

As for skills, i personally max W bubble before E simply because of the passive attack speed boost. I usually go Q-> W-> Q-> E at lvls 1-4 then proceed R->Q->W->E. if there is a gank opportunity at lvl 3 i would get one point in E first before the second Q.

R4dagash

04-18-2012

JxC got it I think, despite I dont agree with Brutalizer/Ghostblade, also try out maxing your fear in one or two games if you gank a lane with high damage output. devastating!

HeXiiS

04-18-2012

Merc Treads, Merc Treads, Merc Treads, Merc Treads
25 mr + 35 tenacity >>>>>> 25% atk speed (that you can get from your W)

wriggles + merc treads makes you very tanky early game, allowing you to gank mid lane with out taking TONS OF DAMAGE!