Nocturne Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SweatyAnusBurger

04-17-2012

Hey guys
I used to play noc all the time in normals going cloth 5 - boots - wriggles - zerkers greaves - bf - ie - bt. This seemed to work really well because it was easy to get kills and snowball. However, in ranked games he seems to need to play more of an offtank role. I recently tried a new build and want to know if anybody has any reccomendations on it. Here it is:
-Vampiric Scepter
-Boots + cloth armor (after first route)
-Finish wriggles
-Finish Merc Treads
-Heart of Gold (should I leave this in? I usually end up selling it later)
-Brutalizer
-Frozen Mallet
-Bloodthirster
-Yomuu's Ghostblade
-Infinity Edge
-Atma's Impaler (selling Heart of Gold)

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I want strong ganks with an offtank build (I heard it's a nice way to get out of elo hell ;D)
Thanks

EDIT: This is jungling of course :B

VanAkuma

04-17-2012

i play noct a lot as well.
I start
cloth 5 or boots 3 (i can jungle no problem with either, boots if i want to counter their red at lvl 1)
work in to wriggles, rush towards Heart of gold and get my T2 boots OR phage depending on how many kills/assists i got. I used to get brutalizer and youmuus but its horrible IMO. The money is better spent on early Frozen MAllet + Atmas

Assuming I get early 2~3 kills, and keep up with my farm, i generally go
Cloth 5 or boot 3 -> wriggles -> HoG -> phage ->T2 Boots (merc or ninja tabi) -> Mallet -> Atmas -> Randuins -> 6th item anything that is required at that time (warmogs, TM, etc). If the game goes long enough, i trade in Wriggles for BT

HoG i find necessary since you wont always have the lanes with strong CC to get a guranteed kill, or have a good gankable lane, it just keeps your gold up so your not falling behind. I dislike getting heavy offensive items such as Inf edge as you do enough damage with the AD bruiser build and you just offer so much more by being able to survive in team fights rather than this squishier, slightly stronger noct. With this build, I haven't had a game where I had more death than kills.

ZodiacKiller20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

I don't like HOG if I'm not getting a Randuins later..My build is kind of like this
Scepter->Boot + Cloth -> Double Dorans Blade -> Razor + Mercs -> Wriggles + Phage -> Atma ->RubyCrstal + Cloth-> Aegis + Recurve Bow -> FrozenMallet -> Wits End
Sell the dorans when you need space for the items..Carrying dorans is very important as it gives you a huge boost in early game..Basically your full build will be wriggles, mercs, frozenmallet, atma, aegis and wits end

WoLF42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Wriggles => Merc Treads => Warmogs => Bloodthirster => Frozen Mallet => Banshee

That`s just one of my generic builds. I sometimes change around the items based on enemy comps.