[Suggestion] Game disconnects and dodges

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wuskin

04-17-2012

Okay, so I was originally going to post this as a bug report, but unfortunately your client did not even manage to launch the bug splat, alas no report was sent.

Regardless, I can tell you that my client will randomly crash upon the end of the countdown when picking my champion in ranked draft for no apparent reason. Now onto what idea this misfortune brought upon me...

Some advice pertaining to how your dodge system works, you should allow people to reconnect to games that they become disconnected from in queue. Add in an option to DODGE, much like how it works right now. Rather than presuming anyone who disconnects in queue as a dodger, dodgers will knowingly choose to be a dodger along with the current consequences they face. This allows innocent users of this buggy client the opportunity to reconnect despite several different types of crashes this client is prone to, or god forbid a small storm rolls by and knocks out their power.

An issue some of you may pose: What about a person who reconnects after their turn has ended, or worse what if they pick the wrong runes and masteries!?

Obviously, there is nothing you can do if the person only reconnects once their turn has ended. This is a problem persistent among people who go afk in queue with no incident. It is not the problem being addressed here therefore it would remain inconsequential to bring up when discussing this proposal.

I'm so tired of spending two hours playing a couple of games to win one/lose one and my next game has a crash causing me a deficit in my rating, topped off with a 5 min finger wave telling me how terrible of a player I am because my computer doesn't like their ****ty software.

This is a design flaw that should be fixed, and if the only reason it is not being implemented is because of how it is coded, fix it. In my opinion, this game should have the option to logout without completely terminating the program and should not consist of 3 separate launchers. But hey, I'm failing Programming I so who am I to speak.
[/rant]

-Wuskin

Wuskin

04-18-2012

Bump

Wuskin

04-25-2012

Another crash in a ranked game for no explained reason, bug splat did not launch once again, and I come back to this thread that I had posted a well thought out suggestion and yet I get no acknowledgments. Fix your trash client, or at least reevaluate your dodger feature and consider implementing these features.

Sincerely,

Wuskin

Wuskin

04-29-2012

Another crash with no bug splat. Still no recognition.

Maybe I can use this thread as a way to keep track of the amount of rating I lose.

-Wuskin

Wuskin

05-01-2012

Another crash, no report.

40 rating is it now?

-Wuskin