Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is it that i always get the worst teammates?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyn0s

04-18-2012

I used to think that all i had was bad luck too. Then i realized that I sucked balls at League so i played more. I think i only have like 100 normal wins but that's the problem. You should have at least 300+ normal wins before you go ranked if you want to be effective and carry your team of average Joes. I got up to 1320 elo and kept grinding but kept losing. it all went downhill from there. One thing that helps in ranked is to always let people play what they want, or else they might troll/rage. (for example, one time a guy was forced to play support, then continued to play Janna for the first time and only bought zeals so that he/she could feed harder.) Encourage your teammates (even if they suck) and try your best. If that doesn't work, you can duo with a friend or just stop playing ranked. Best of luck.

5mokeWeedErryDay

04-18-2012

Lmao I'm sorry dude. Feel free to give this a thumbs down, but no bad luck brings you down to 500 ****in elo haha. Your match history is trash, which reflects your skill, which reflects your elo. You belong at where you're at, you don't carry your team, you probably don't even know what it means to carry a team. I'm thinking since you're the only one with a positive score on your team, you felt like you were carrying it. Ha. You weren't carrying anything but yourself down the elo ladder. I love these threads.

Diminister

Recruiter

09-22-2012

tell me bout it i went 20/5 and lost...

VanillaCrunch

10-01-2012

Every game has their trolls.

W L % Kills Deaths Assists CS
Kog'Maw 3 0 100% 5.3/game 6.3/game 7/game 83.7/game

Work on your farming.

newbin

10-02-2012

go to Youtube watch some guide videos it helped me alot. This isn't a solo game a good attitude and realizing it's team game and playing like that helps and most importantly don't rage it makes things worse.

OverlyRomantic

10-02-2012

If it seems that you always get bad team mates, then maybe you're the problem not them

T0RN

10-02-2012

hey hey hey i like to play trynd..... in normals....

T0RN

10-02-2012

and i agree with everyone in this post. its probably you.

Runelord666

10-02-2012

The biggest issue I have seen is it may not be, "bad", players but its extremely horrible team work. A lot of the times 3 people are playing well together but the other 2 are off doing whatever.

The funny thing is it comes down to the same on the other team its a lot of 3v3 fights and maybe by luck 1 or both join in on either side.

Had a kha'zix that was jungling call us noobs for dieing 3v4 he came in and got a quadra laughing and talking **** in /all.

Our other team mate was still just poking around at creeps never talking.

AncientZero

10-02-2012

This is such a old argument. I use to believe the same thing you just said, that it is always the teams fault, that my luck sucks, and I am stuck in elo hell. I am not trying to flame you, but this type of thinking is what made me stuck in 900 elo for quite a long time. However, I started watching pro gamer streams and learn from their play style. What I learned that, in every game that you lose, you can always take something out of it and play better.

At times yes, it could be your teams fault, but YOU as a teammate can always improve and make it better. If you think like this, your games can drastically improve.

I don't believe in elo hell, but I do believe that if you change your play style, game mechanics, and map awareness you can raise your elo even if you are 500.

I went from 900 to 1253. Not a big change, but I'd say it's not too bad.