Verily Vladimir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShadower

11-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylian View Post
Verily Vladimir
9x Flat health per level yellows
wut

blackfrost13

11-28-2010

just trying to under Vladimir since he is my main and i been reading and watching a lot of videos on him. this is a great guide but one question i have is why not stack either AP or health on your runes due to his passive? i mean the magic pen is great but i don't understand why you mixed the ap and health.

Sacull Kinslayer

11-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfrost13 View Post
just trying to under Vladimir since he is my main and i been reading and watching a lot of videos on him. this is a great guide but one question i have is why not stack either AP or health on your runes due to his passive? i mean the magic pen is great but i don't understand why you mixed the ap and health.
You mix the Ap/lvl and the HP/lvl runes because 1) those are the best runes for those colors 2) both are used to activate both ends of Crimson Pact and 3) per level runes beat the flat ones by level 6 (which is when Vlad takes off), Quints are the exception here and 4) vlad gets beefy quick with the per lvl runes. Also the Magic Pen red runes are by far the best (for a caster) in the red slot as that is FLAT penetration... and that is so huge early to mid game. If you have any other basic vlad questions I answer quite a few on my guide Vlad's Will Be Done, and if that one doesn't help I also suggest DEWO's build Universal Recipient or this other vlad ap build Bloodied Impaler. All 3 have some good information and their comments sections has even more good suggestions.

Also as far as rune questions I would check out Searz's Rune Tips guide. I so wish it had been available back when I started.

The item's here are good. I use slightly different ones but you can't go wrong with these. Are you getting the Haunting Guise if you get mercury boots or all the time? I am unsure but I keep hearing that flat magic pen caps at 40... the Guise would take you over that cap if you have the Sorc Shoes as well.

Don't under estimate having a starting order of Sorc Shoes > Rylai's > Will of the Ancients. If you get WotA as your 3rd item it will be healing you around 75% of what your Transfusion heals you for. If you get the zRing next it can actually OUT HEAL your Q depending on their magic resist.

I personally don't like the ult tree as the def tree offers so much more. But I do miss the speed of the ult tree. That is my favorite thing about it. However when people start asking me how I have so much AP and all I own is the Amp Tome (usually after my first couple kills... ~lvl 9)... it is amusing to say the least. Def tree increases your health (which adds AP), increases your AP (which adds HP), and allows you to utilize Flat AP Quints if you are so inclined and still start the game with around 627 HP.

Wow I can ramble on sometimes. Hope this helps.

blackfrost13

11-28-2010

helped tons you just don't know. thx ever so much. i read your guide and you didn't mention anything about the cool down glyphs like some other guides before you did. any reason?

Sacull Kinslayer

11-28-2010

No problem =) It is why guides are out there... to help. At least that is my opinion.

Cooldown Glyphs. 1) I have never felt that Vlad needs them. Transfusion is already under 3 secs cast and is insanely spammable. If you get a blue buff and an elixir you near the CDReduction cap anyways. 2) My guide is slightly more focused for beginners and CDR runes are freaking expensive! I felt for a newer player (and in general) they are not the best option for Vlad 3) I don't own CDR runes yet. I haven't bothered buying them because again I have never felt the need for them. However there is nothing wrong with them. I just don't think they are needed for vlad. There are plenty of heroes I think they work better for so by no means do I think they are a waste. They are good runes. And they are universally useful. I will edit my guide later today to explain more in depth.

Now I do plan on getting them. I am working on a build for another hero that will require them so later on I may change my mind on CDR Runes for vlad... but I honestly don't think I will.

Odie el perro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2010

I prefer going for:
amp. Tome + pot until i get 2500 g
merc threads
Spirit Visage
Rylai Scepter
Zhonya
depends on you for the rest 2 items. you can go FoN and Sunf Cape for tankish vlad. or can go for abbysal and Void staff

Sacull Kinslayer

11-28-2010

Blackfrost I updated my guide with the math on the CDR and why I don't prefer them. Just FYI.

Mr Re

11-28-2010

Yup, pretty self explanatory. The 2 items you always build are Rylai's and Zhonya's. From there mass AP and Magic Pen like this guide says. I do agreed with the fellow who mentions getting more levels in SP is a good idea. (I do tend to max Q, get one level of E, and then max W). Good guide man!

blackfrost13

11-28-2010

Thx so much for this guide man. i just went by it and played a few games and it changed a hell of a lot. i will look at the updates when i get to work tomorrow and i know the man to come to if i ever have questions about Vlad

blackfrost13

11-29-2010

just wanted to say that i looked more into your guide and it's extremely good and i thank you again for the math with the runes. i tested it out a little and pretty much at the start is the only big difference you will see is that your Q at level 1 will go from 12 to 10, but at level 9 it will hardly be noticeable.

now i have 2 questions and i should be set for Vlad and i didn't see it on your guide or others: 1) would you put ghost over exhaust? the reason i ask is cause with exhaust and SP you have two slows and they should be dead by then and if they are chasing you, you can use that to slow them to. just thinking outside the box a little. 2) noob question probably, but does life steal effect Q in anyway?

thanks again for all your help and i will be checking your guide for any updates.