Sona nuke?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jinchewy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

I was playing against a Sona earlier today and she was nuking like crazy.
Are there any good builds or guides out there that has Sona nuke? Thank you~

nosmar

10-16-2011

+1

RedBear137

10-16-2011

Solomid.com

Supaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

What she's done is bought a Sheen early game and later converted it into a Lichbane when the rest of her core was completed. With her passive every time she casts an ability she gets a stack, she she has her third stack she does burst damage + an effect depending on the aura she is currently running (decrease your dmg output, increase the dmg of the next auto attack or slow your speed)

Lichbane + Q + procced auto attack can do ******ed damage with Sona. Watch her stacks and make like you would against an Annie and her stun.

Zebac

10-16-2011

AD sona OP

Nexus Crawler

10-16-2011

I've been playing Burst Sona for ages lol and yes she can be a beast. Like what was said earlier watch her like you would Annie and stun or cc her before she can make a good burst with her third cast (which is almost always after a Q). She can also be kited. A lot of the "Nuke" Sona players tend to chase in for that last Q+LB+Passive burst combo instead either waiting, or dishing it out on another threat.

Another thing to note when playing Burst Sona she's usually fairly squishy and is susceptable to CC and Burst damage herself. So champs with gap closers, a solid CC like Silence, Stun, Root, and etc tend to hurt her and either kill her or force her off (for a little while anyways; thank you heal).

jinchewy

10-16-2011

Alright, so for a Burst Sona, it's essential to get a LB for sure.
Should I get some mana regens in early game though and follow regular builds?

Nexus Crawler

10-16-2011

It's not essential but it does contribute to a significant amount of damage. say you have 300 AP it adds 300 damage to your attack, your Q adds like 18 or 24 or something I forget off-hand, your base damage, and 352 magic damage from your passive. Not to mention the damage your Q already did. It's more of a late game item and the MR, Mana, MS, and AP help out earlier, but until you're something like 180 AP with it, you're getting almost the same benefit from Sheen, or other AP items.

I typically run with:

Quints - Scaling CDR: I like getting my CD's down to around 4 seconds for spamming, and stacking. Flat HP, Flat AP, MS,and MrPen all work.

Marks - MrPen: ArPen also works if you're planning going Sheen/Lichbane

Seals - Scaling HP, Scaling MP5, and Flat Armor all work. In any thing but Dominion I'd suggest MP5.

Glyphs - Flat CDR: As I said I prefer max CDR on her, with that and either Frozen Heart, or Morello's I can max CDR. Flat AP, Scaling MP5, Scaling MR also all work.

I tend to build her much like any caster when playing her as a nuke. Though it's work mentioning building AP on her is better in the long run then getting MrPen, or %MrPen because of your heal scaling. While not fantastic it offers entirely too much utility to entirely ignore. Also you can get around some of the damage mitigation by having said Lichbane. They can either stack Armor, or MR they can't do both so effectively that it will completely shut you down, and if they some how do (like Rammus in his W) then you have a fairly strong effective fast heal and can keep up your aura's almost constantly giving you a lot of utility, and value in a team fight.