Galio Ult vs. Nunu Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Second to None

08-10-2010

Quote:
One important feature is that Idol of Durand will always do the full base damage regardless of how long you’ve channeled it, so if an enemy is about to escape with Cleanse or you just need to deal some quick damage, you can immediately cancel the skill.
Ok, so if this topic has been brought up, I am sorry, but I just want to get some clarification. Galio has the same style ult as Nunu, yet with Galio, you have zero chance of running away (sans Cleanse, QSS, Bashee's), as it is a taunt. But you can cancel his ult at anytime and do max damage?! Where is this for Nunu? I don't play the guy, mainly because he isn't terribly viable unless the other team is full of idiots. But with his ult, you have a base percentage of the max damage that increases over the channel of the spell. Why is Galio not like that? Or better yet, why is Nunu not like Galio?

Also, I understand that Nunu's ult is more devastating that Galio's, but come on, the chances of landing a fully cooked ult with him are slim to none. But here are the stats for Nunu's ult, Galio isn't in the Champ Learning Center yet.

Nunu begins to sap the area of heat, gradually slowing all nearby enemies. When the ability ends, he deals massive damage to all enemies caught in the area. While channeling for 3 seconds, slows nearby enemy units' attack speed and movement speed. After channeling, enemies caught in the area are dealt 625/875/1125 (+2.5) magic damage.
Cost150/150/150 ManaRange550

Mediocre Top

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second to None View Post
Ok, so if this topic has been brought up, I am sorry, but I just want to get some clarification. Galio as the same style ult as Nunu, yet with Galio, you have zero chance of running away (sans Cleanse, QSS, Bashee's), as it is a taunt. But you can cancel his ult at anytime and do max damage?! Where is this for Nunu? I don't play the guy, mainly because he isn't terribly viable unless the other team is full of idiots. But with his ult, you have a base percentage of the max damage that increases over the channel of the spell. Why is Galio not like that? Or better yet, why is Nunu not like Galio?
Not max, the base damage. Like 150 or 200 with all the attacks you have endured.

ICanOnlySupport

08-10-2010

because from what I understand Galio's ult does more damage the more damage he takes during statue form

So, yes it does max damage, but the damage scales with the longer he channels the ult

not a mormon

08-10-2010

canceling his ult does not do full dmg.. the dmg is increased by the number of hits he takes, thus if it is cancelled, he takes less hits.... you get it now.

if you're trying to say "galio is better than nunu", then yes. but who didn't know that?

xKLG

08-10-2010

Because the base dmg on his ult is low and only is good after taking hits.

Second to None

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Ponies Plz View Post
canceling his ult does not do full dmg.. the dmg is increased by the number of hits he takes, thus if it is cancelled, he takes less hits.... you get it now.

if you're trying to say "galio is better than nunu", then yes. but who didn't know that?
Ah, heck no, everyone knows Nunu is bottom tier. I wasn't comparing champs, just the mechanics of their ults.

CODChimera

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second to None View Post
But you can cancel his ult at anytime and do max damage?! Where is this for Nunu?
Do you really think it would be a good idea to allow this? Nunu would become the most player char overnight :X

Second to None

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODChimera View Post
Do you really think it would be a good idea to allow this? Nunu would become the most player char overnight :X
True true, you would have to lower the damage on his ult, but still, it isn't about making another champion godly, it's more about the fact that they have a similar ult, but one champ's is useless, while it seems the others isn't...we'll see.

TestSubJet

08-10-2010

How about if they changed it so that if Nunu gets CC'd out of his ulti (stun, taunted, etc etc) he would still do the same amount of damage for how long it is charged up for?

Nyhilus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

Easy fix to Nunu's Ultimate:

The longer the opponents stay in his ultimate's range, the more their movement speed is slowed over time. Like Nasus' wither.