Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team sponsors

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tidehunter

04-17-2012

I noticed that CLG and TSM are probably among the most popular, as well as the best in terms of performance of League of Legends teams. Now, we look at fnatic who's been doing not so well lately, and Dignitas, who've been doing pretty well, and both of these teams have a huge amount of sponsors. Like, they have jackets/hoodies decked out with sponsor names like race car drivers.

Now that league is getting huge, beating out SC II in player base and tournament viewership, why don't companies start backing CLG and TSM? Wickd, Hotshot, Saint, and Dyrus and TheOddOne especially, as well as the other members of both teams consistently get tens of thousands of viewers. Backing these teams would be great to advertise your product to thousands of fanboys and get things purchased. Hell, IEM was just a humongous Intel commercial. I know CLG has been picked up by Razer, and I'm unsure about TSM, but the future of eSports seems to be lying in League of Legends, and these top tier teams really deserve more sponsors than they've got right now.

DrunkMedStudent

04-17-2012

CLG wears t-shirts plastered with ads. They managed to keep their names, but I doubt they can accept any more sponsors short of adding the sponsor name to their team name.

As for TSM, i think esports forums and websites might explode if they ever do get an offer they like. Their mass media assault is pretty unprecedented in esports, let alone LoL and if there is a company that wants to plaster their name over the vlogs, streams, youtube channel, and website, the size of the check may be unprecedented for an esports team.

Seductivpancakes

04-17-2012

Can't blame companies for not thinking any of the e sport teams is worth their money.

Dagyr

04-17-2012

LoL teams lack a lot of the professionalism of teams like EG (Sc2 EG/Complexity), which are ran in a lot more business-like manner, and are much more regulated in regards to what players say or do, especially on stream. Even one of the most popular players known for his rage (IdrA) has been forced to calm down a lot be a lot more respectful when he streams.

I know I'll be downvoted by people going " >:[ LOL #1 NOTHING CAN BE WRONG WITH IT", but it really needs to happen - the LoL Community as a whole needs to change, starting with the pro teams as the role models to instigate that change. Look at streamers like Scarra. That's what every streamer needs to be. Sponsors are a lot less attracted to "**** THESE GUYS WHAT THE **** MANG HOLY **** **** THIS TEAM SUCKS UR ALL SO BAD".