Need help with LoL terms

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesaura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-16-2012

When I read guides and get down to the mastery part, they explain that we need 0/9/21 or 1/22/7 (btw, these are masteries for an AP tank Maokai).

So where do I put my mastery points?

Also what do the 2 rune terms mean. Flat and (insert term here) runes. Like a Flat AP Mark rune.

TwistWrist

04-16-2012

1/22/7 seems kind of odd...I hope they include a picture because that isn't something that people will just know. I can make a guess but meh.

What guide is this?

Runes are either flat or per level. Flat have a constant effect. Per level get stronger as your champ levels up.

AP is ability power. Mark are the red runes.

So Flat AP Marks are a red rune that gives constant amount of AP regardless of your level.

Inhibited

04-16-2012

There are 3 different types of trees for you in which to deposit your mastery points. They read, corresponding from right to left with the slashes: Attack/Defense/Utility. Thus if a build is 0/9/21, someone is suggesting that you place your mastery points (30 maximum at summoner level 30, one point per level) following: none in attack, nine in defense, and 21 in utility. The specific mastery options inside those headings vary based on what you are trying to maximize. There are some generally accepted "paths" in each of the trees to take, making the 0/9/21 a type of shorthand.

Since I don't use runes as much as I should, I'll let someone more qualified answer that part for you. Hope this helped!

Aesaura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-16-2012

Thanks guys so much