Can anyone give Ahri builds/tips, please?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MZFahkyhu

04-16-2012

Hello everyone!

Recently picked up the Ahri as I've heard she's a decent ranged champ but noticed one thing, she's kind of difficult to play. Was wondering if anyone could spare some tips or builds, as well as answer a few questions.

Questions:

#1) Ahri seems kind of mana hungry early game, is there any way to avoid this other than auto attacking everything to death?

#2) I've been told to buy revolver, but also told not to turn it into a WoTA because it's useless on Ahri .. True? False?

#3) Ahri feels a bit squishy, and obviously kind of is. Any way to give her a bit of survivability? Or should I just kind of hang in the back of team fights with her? (not that I should be in the middle of it anyways)

#4) Her Ult! Is this only a means of chasing someone down or escaping a failed team fight? 1v1 it seems to work alright, but .. as Q3 states, she feels a little squishy and so I havn't and will not at this point use it in team fights.

spartanREBEL26

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Skyliner

04-16-2012

21/0/9 taking the 4 points in Swiftness and 1 in Runic Affinity
magic pen reds
clarity yellows
clarity blues
swiftness quints

Start with Boots+3
Rush WotA
Sorcerer's Shoes (puts you at 399 movespeed)
Deathcap
Abyssal Scepter
Lich Bane
Rylai's

You ask for a better way to survive, I play her with movespeed. She's ungankable post 6 with proper ult use.

Your ult is used to dive turrets and escape.

Typically when you hit 6, push your lane to the turret then go gank bottom lane.

Ult in, charm the ad carry, all while spamming your Q and W.

Save one ult for the kill or to escape.

Ruka Urushibara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

You are supposed to auto attack the minions to death at the beginning, for the most part.

As for WoTA, it is personal preference whether you get WoTA or even get the revolver at all, the main reason to get the revolver is to help you a bit with sustaining health in laning phase.

You can get rylais, abyssal scepter, and/or zhonyas hourglass to mitigate or at least use the active during a teamfight when you feel you are being focused. If you really need it, a QSS does well too.

Don't try to dive right in if you see someone low, because the damage of a team > your damage unless you pop zhonyas correctly, or you see the chance for a double kill. Keep in mind that your W might not always hit who you want it to.

Arrowkill

04-16-2012

Tip: Hit your taunt. Do not try to use any other abilities on an enemy unless you hit taunt!

martini0072

04-16-2012

harass with spells, but also with her auto attacks. she has a long range so take advantage of that. that damage really does add up

acosn

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahkyhu View Post
Hello everyone!

Recently picked up the Ahri as I've heard she's a decent ranged champ but noticed one thing, she's kind of difficult to play. Was wondering if anyone could spare some tips or builds, as well as answer a few questions.

Questions:

#1) Ahri seems kind of mana hungry early game, is there any way to avoid this other than auto attacking everything to death?

#2) I've been told to buy revolver, but also told not to turn it into a WoTA because it's useless on Ahri .. True? False?

#3) Ahri feels a bit squishy, and obviously kind of is. Any way to give her a bit of survivability? Or should I just kind of hang in the back of team fights with her? (not that I should be in the middle of it anyways)

#4) Her Ult! Is this only a means of chasing someone down or escaping a failed team fight? 1v1 it seems to work alright, but .. as Q3 states, she feels a little squishy and so I havn't and will not at this point use it in team fights.
1: Blue buff. I buy two Rings almost every game, but between blue buff and the ring you should be fine. If not, you're wasting spells.

2: HTR is good against some characters- I almost never buy it- and WoTA isn't worth the 1000 gold you drop on it until mid / late game when you deal almost exclusively in team fighting. At the end of the day Ahri's primary damage components don't translate into strong spell vamp returns.

3: Ahri isn't a tank, or a soak. Rylai's and Doran's Ring are just about the only two survivability oriented items I buy any game.

4: The short answer is that her ult is for whatever the hell you want it to be. The best use is for enabling you to position yourself in ways that let you single out critical kill targets (IE: Carries) without really endangering yourself, and securing kills that might otherwise get away.

But it's still three soft flashes on a shortish CD. You should make no bones about it- keeping yourself alive is more important than a single CD.

cpandarun

04-16-2012

My usual build
boots 3 pots
1-2 Dorans Rings or rush Giants Belt if I think I have an advantage over the enemy.
Rylai's or Hextech or Negatron Cloak if you're losing lane
Deathcap or Hextech
Finish Deathcap now if you haven't
Situational

Usually I finish my boots before or after Deathcap since Ahri has great mobility with her ult.

1. Ahri's Q does take up a good chunk of your mana but ^ has it right.

2. I find WIll of the Ancients to be very strong on Ahri since she has to get in close to do maximum damage. However you don't need it during the laning phase and generally only rush Revolver after you get 1 or 2 rings against Vlad or Kennen since they usually have high sustain.

3. Hang back Ahri is very good at poking since her Q does so much damage and is aoe. You don't want to be in the front. Generally I rush Rylais as my first big item because it gives so much utility. You can chase very easily and escape very easily with the slows from your ult and w.

4. Generally you want to wait to use it so you can turn a bad fight around by charming an important target running away or chasing. However when you gank during laning it's very strong to lead in with your ult. The only times you want to initiate a teamfight with your ult is if your team has a clear advantage and you can ult and charm a greedy carry who stuck their head out for farm.

Mabi Spike9

08-18-2012

My build for Ahri.
21/0/9 - I do 3 points in meditation rather than in speed for obvious reasons
My runes, magic pen marks, flat ap quints, mp regen 5 seals and magic resist glyphs but can replace with ap/level

As for items, I start boots 3, rush revolver (I usually don't upgrade to WoTA till midgame)
I then get a Large Rod, then rush Ryali's (Ahri's one of the best kiters in the game if you ask me also Rylai's works 3 times on her Fox Fire). Oh and sometime in that add Sorcerer's Shoes and Dorren's Rings for mp regen

End game I have Sorcerer's Shoes, WoTA, Rylai's, Deathcap (almost always after Rylai's) Zhonya's Hourglass and last item is situational

P.S. I know im like 4 months late on this replay but Ahri's one of my favorite champs so i couldn't help but to reply :D

CJudd

08-18-2012

I run 21/0/9 taking the 3 ad instead of 3 ap in the offense tree on my ap carries for easier last hitting as the 3 ap won't make a difference. I take the mana regen in the utility tree.

#1 - 2 doran rings should be enough along with possibly mana regen yellows if you're having that big of mana issues. Nothing wrong with mana regen yellows.

#2 - The only time I buy Wota on Ahri is when I'm agianst Ryze. When playing agianst Ryze if you max you're w before your q with revolver then Wota you have a pretty good chance at winning the lane. Trust me as a Ryze player this is the only time I ever struggle vs an Ahri.

#3 - As for the tankyness issues the only viable things in my opinion would be hourglass (armor and invulnerability) abyssal (magic resist) and/or rylais (health). However it's just my suggestion but I wouldn't get rylais first ever on Ahri. She's just simply too strong early with damage and the ability to easily gank lanes that in most cases I would rush abyssal. Abyssal's passive is just as strong as a void staff.

#4 - Her ult can really be used for anything, chasing, escaping, or damage. You just have to be smart about using it and it will come through practice and play.

I would go:
Boots 3 pots
Double dorans
Abyssal
Deathcap
Rylais
Hourglass
Wota

Taking revolver whenever if you need it.