Possible meta-stomping team comp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

04-16-2012

And by meta-stomping I mean the generic setup of bruiser/ap top, ap mid, carry/support bottom, rather than the actual champs I came up with for it.

Basically the idea behind this is to crush the early game so hard that the enemy team can never get any headway unless they're capable of adapting to what you're doing, and switching their lane setups to deal with it. Your late game should be fine since you still have a balanced team composition with every important role covered and plenty of CC.

It's not really an idea I've done more than think about, so please feel free to criticise or suggest improvements.

Top lane: Kennen. As far as I'm aware, Kennen beats many champions in a solo lane, and can at least go even with everyone else.

Mid lane: Urgot (with stacked MR runes). Like Cassiopeia only a bit safer due to not needing to run in close to spam acid hunter on debuffed targets. Should be able to stomp down most people unless they're great at dodging skillshots.

Bot lane: Jarvan and Leona. Pretty much the most devastating duo lane combo I can think of. It would need good co-ordination to pull off properly, but if done right the enemy bot lane isn't going to be able to do an awful lot besides tower hug and wait for the wave to push.

Jungle: Any strong early ganker, preferably one with good CC. Alistar, Blitzcrank, Pantheon, Maokai all come to mind. Others like Pantheon or Lee Sin would work just fine too.

Key bans:
Janna. Resetting a teamfight could lead to several wasted ultimates. No thank you.
Morgana: Her ult would be a powerful counter initiation, and black shield is never fun

Unsure of other key bans. Maybe Gragas or Rumble could be worth considering but they're less popular picks all in all.

Seanathinary

04-16-2012

Kennan is very good in any team comp, the aoe damage and guarantee stun is great, kennan and jarvan or any tank that can initiate a fight allowing kennan to run through the team popping your combo and doing serious damage.

Alistar is an amazing support/tank to get on any team, hitting your q and w into a turret is a good way to combo down an enemy that over extends, not to meantion his ult 70 % less damage taken makes him one of the tankiest ones out there.

I'd love to have a kennan/olaf top lane, alistar and ad carry bottom, a good jungler like lee sin and kennan/ap carry mid.

Keep in mind your team comp can be deadly, but if you play like a decroded piece of **** then its not gonna matter

EchoRex

04-16-2012

I could see Olaf being a key ban, he has the capability to win every trade with Kennen, especially post level six. Nasus top would also hurt depending on how he is played, AP Heavy Hybrid or Life Steal stack would be painful.

Would also rely on the other team banning Shaco and Rammus so as to not just stomp on the lanes. Trundle or Mundo would be a pain in the ass also for how those lanes would have to position to zone/kill.

Map control would be huge with double melee bottom lane. So Teemo would be another painful pick to face.

No real hard burst from any lane, so assassin type champions of any sort would quickly turn at fight against this comp mid game.

Cenerae

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
Keep in mind your team comp can be deadly, but if you play like a decroded piece of **** then its not gonna matter
This could be said for any team comp really

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoRex View Post
I could see Olaf being a key ban, he has the capability to win every trade with Kennen, especially post level six. Nasus top would also hurt depending on how he is played, AP Heavy Hybrid or Life Steal stack would be painful.

Would also rely on the other team banning Shaco and Rammus so as to not just stomp on the lanes. Trundle or Mundo would be a pain in the ass also for how those lanes would have to position to zone/kill.

Map control would be huge with double melee bottom lane. So Teemo would be another painful pick to face.

No real hard burst from any lane, so assassin type champions of any sort would quickly turn at fight against this comp mid game.
Olaf might be ban worthy, but Kennen's mobility and lack of a mana bar should mean he can at least break even if not outright win the lane (depending on how good he is at dodging Undertow). There should be no way a Kennen would lose his lane to a Nasus.

Wouldn't really rely on the other team wasting bans on champs that aren't worth banning. The worst case scenario would be someone banning Kennen (the only likely ban candidate on the team). None of the other champs are generally popular or played enough to worry about losing them, and you have a few possible options for your jungle too.

Top has burst and stuns provided Kennen can hit skillshots. Mid has low burst but heavy, heavy harrass and a swap/slow that can screw over people hard. Bot lane has a ton of burst - if you think it doesn't then you have never seen a properly executed Jarvan Leona lane. It's terrifying. Throwing a jungler with CC and strong early ganks into the mix and you should have easy ganks in every lane except maybe mid pre-6. Assassin types wouldn't be an especial threat since every champ in the team is either beefy in some way or another, or highly mobile.

This is of course, all speculative on my part at the moment. And it does assume that each lane is played correctly with the enemy team refusing or being slow to adapt to what's going on. So yeah.

Zerk187

04-16-2012

I think that this team comp sounds good in the laning phase but when you get to big team fights i'm not so sure that they work together all that well. I'm mainly referring to jarvan and kennen, I mean kennen's strength in a team fight is being able to run through the enemy team and lay down heavy damage/stuns before getting out of harms way. Jarvan on the other hand impairs movement in the area of a team fight with his ulti which could really **** up kennen if used at the wrong time. Not saying it couldn't work, I just don't think kennen and jarvan work that well together on the same team.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-16-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2024876

The current "meta" is highly reliance on hitting fast, and hitting hard. There is almost no emphasis on range and kiting. However, it makes up for this by using high mobility, tough champions (bruisers) to ram the enemy line and break their formation. This pretty much undermines the old poke team (which this was created specifically to counter), and somewhat counters the ult-bomb team as the current setup usually have very spread out formation once a battle begins.

The easiest counter is of course, to poke them from a different screen. Bruisers may be fast over a short range, but they lack the finesse of assassins to appear behind the enemy's line from long range. This means that you can whittle them down and then force them to retreat.

Forrestal

04-16-2012

Hmm

Swain/kennen top

Talon mid

Ezreal Jungle

Volibear/Irelia Bot (or leona Jarvan i guess... both work)

lastchancexi

04-16-2012

It's a viable strategy, but not one that's going to overturn the metagame. The thing is, you have to outplay their bot lane, or else you lose because their ad carry will be more farmed than yours. And it's pretty **** hard to outplay ad carry/support that badly, they have so much poke.

Something Snazzy

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchancexi View Post
It's a viable strategy, but not one that's going to overturn the metagame. The thing is, you have to outplay their bot lane, or else you lose because their ad carry will be more farmed than yours. And it's pretty **** hard to outplay ad carry/support that badly, they have so much poke.
It's not really changing the meta but kill lanes can really **** up support & AD carry if they don't have long range poke. Vayne, for example, get totally raped by Blitz and Voli because they can't effectively poke without getting grabbed (just make sure to keep a pink in brush for Vayne or she'll destroy with her stun/roll combo). This works well against early Trist too, though she is harder to kill.

This requires good timing and all from Blitz but if you build Voli right, the fear of Blitz's grab alone will let Voli farm okay, especially if he starts Doran's shield for the sustainability. Then have Blitz build more support. And this strategy requires strong zone control skills, possibly even Skype. If you can't get a kill, zoning is the only way to win lane and not lose the game later on.

But if done right, next thing you know, you have a 5/0/0 Voli with twice their AD carry's CS.

Cenerae

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchancexi View Post
Urgot's the AD carry and he gets a solo lane to himself.

Assumming he doesn't get stomped on I don't see how he's going to walk away with less farm than the enemy AD carry, provided the Jarv Leona tag team do their job properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrestal View Post
Hmm

Swain/kennen top

Talon mid

Ezreal Jungle

Volibear/Irelia Bot (or leona Jarvan i guess... both work)

Ezreal's not that good a jungler. Irelia shouldn't be bot lane as she doesn't contribute enough to a kill lane. Volibear would work fine in a supportive role but you'd want someone that can meaningfully contribute to a kill effort. Irelia can't really do that without farm. Maybe a Volibear Leona lane would work if you don't want to use Jarvman.

You don't have a lot of CC in this setup either, which makes it harder to actually teamfight late game.