Question for AP Casters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barso55

04-14-2012

Hi,

I was wondering how YOU as Ap caster manage to secure your role? There is always someone who calls it, and if you are more than third pick you can usually kiss your role good-bye.

Some people are better casters, some people are better melee, and some people are better support. It will always be like this.

Why not capitalize on it?

BukLauSheeGee

04-15-2012

Avoid solo queue...If you have more friends in your team...you can secure your role pretty easily considering you guys have a strategy not just half assing it

Barso55

04-15-2012

yeah thats not gonna happen..i don't know many people, none play LoL, and getting people online is quite limited when you play 10+ hours a day.

lol

Mid Mia Care Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

When I don't get to mid (which is 99% of the time), I try to incorporate an AP carry into another role, such as support nidalee or break the meta by putting an ap carry in another lane. It's worth a try.

Jaxill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

Or you can be flexible.

I never call a role to play. Although I play best as top/mid I never call a lane unless I'm duo and we are going AD/Support. I'm confident enough to let people play what ever role they like since I can fill in the blanks easily.

Queen Sejuani

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konjee View Post
Hi,

I was wondering how YOU as Ap caster manage to secure your role? There is always someone who calls it, and if you are more than third pick you can usually kiss your role good-bye.

Some people are better casters, some people are better melee, and some people are better support. It will always be like this.

Why not capitalize on it?

Because you won't really know WHO is the better AP caster, and who is the better carry/support/jungler. You could be saying you are a really good AP carry, when somebody else in the group could be alot better then you, and unless you know that person (which usually you don't if you are talking about ranked) you won'T be able to judge your skill accordingly.

This is also why alot of people say stuff like "HURR, I am higher ELO then you therefore I am a better player"

It's a pretty dumb and ******bagish thing to do from people, but it's just how it is, you can't really stop it. If you can, try and ask if you could play a certain role, sometimes there are people that let you play it. And well....if they refuse to..you can't really do much about it and just fill in the role that is needed..

Lerry the Lebster

04-16-2012

If you can only play mid, you shouldn't be playing ranked.

In all seriousness though, it can be a bit frustrating. I like playing all the roles, but I feel I almost never get to play mid. If I'm first or second pick, I never pick mid because I don't want to pick before the enemy mid (as mid lane is just soooooo easy to counter) yet, when I'm not first or 2nd pick, the first and second always seem to just snag it. Its stupid. Or I'll be up towards the top and 3, 4, or 5th pick will "call" mid (which is shenanigans, you shouldn't be able to call spots, but I give it to them anyway because I'm afraid of trolls).