Why pantheon does not drop off late game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Aptos

04-16-2012

Pantheon is the best solo top imo, I have yet to lose my lane top, and often double kill the jungler and the person Im against when they come in to gank.
One thing people tell me that makes me smile is that pantheon falls off late game. I smile because its usually the person I solo'd up top raging at me after his third death pre-6 when I hear this.
*THE REASON PANTHEON FALLS OFF LATE GAME IN MOST MATCHES IS BECAUSE SUMMONERS TRY TO PLAY HIM AS AN AUTO-ATTACK DPS*

Pantheon is not tryndamere, olaf, vayne, or any of those right clicking champions. He is a BURST CASTER. His Aegis passive is even centered around this concept, automatically resetting itself whenever you land your stun. His E does more damage than your autoattacks could possibly hope to accomplish late game. ALL OF HIS ABILITIES EXCEPT HIS ULT GOT BUFFED TO BE SPAMMABLE. I have played a game with pantheon where I got 10 kills beginning-mid game. I ended the LATE GAME with two quadras and had 26 kills by the end. This is my "Pantheon does not fall off late game" build:

DORAN'S BLADE- Pantheon is one of the few melee who can pull this item off up top. His e passive crits restore about 12-15 hp with this item, giving him great sustain if you last hit like you should

BRUTALIZER- combined with your armor pen runes and masteries, just this item gives you 46 flat armor pen + 10%. I ****ed up a singed up top who thought he was smart with 120 armor. Thats right. I ****ed up a singed. He was ulting at level 7 the second time I killed him.

BLOODTHIRSTER- farm this badboy. Farm it good. You will never worry about your health getting low again.

MERC TREADS- mr, tenacity, movespeed. **** those ap champs who go through your passive.

YOUMUU'S- Transform that brutalizer into this whirlwind of death. Now you have 51 flat armor pen, and your spear shot and E instakill everybody but the enemy udyr or singed. the active on this item is the key. Its a mini ghost on a 60 second cooldown. Ult the *****es on their tower, pop it, chase them, kill them, full health. cd reduction is boss too. you dont need attack speed items if you spam this active.

FROZEN MALLET- Never let them run. Ever. You are also now extremely beefy and can spam your abilities enough times everyone is dead before they can kill you.

ATMAS IMPALER- Now you have over 325 damage. And over 170 armor. And your abilities kill everyone instantly that doesn't have over 150 armor. Those that have 150 armor and dont die, run, because you just popped your youmuu and they are low enough health that you can automatically crit them if they stick around. I can remember with this and the previous items I had 367 damage with a baron buff.

FORCE OF NATURE- "Why the f*&$ would pantheon get a force of nature instead of a maw of malmortius?" because *****es, now you have over 200 health regen per 5, over 420 movespeed, and over 180 magic resist. You already have the damage to kill anyone on their team regardless of who they are, you just need to make sure you live long enough to kill everybody and then taunt them afterwards by typing emotes in front of their fountain. Ult their whole team on their tower, and get those pentas. And then walk out with half health.

I have played 17 ranked matches using this build with pantheon this season. My per game averages for panth for kda is 9.1 kills, 3.9 deaths and 5.4 assists. I HAVE NOT LOST TOP TO ANY CHAMPION IN ANY OF THESE 17 MATCHES, INCLUDING THE 4 THAT I ACTUALY LOST. I can remember playing against olafs, rivens, vladimirs, yoricks, irelias, rumbles, jarvans, singed, Gangplank, and Fiora.

So try out it out to believe it. Pantheon kicks major ass the whole game. That Olaf can be my second witness.

Runes: armor pen marks, armor pen quints, flat armor seals, mixed per level and flat MR glyphs.

Masteries: 21-9-0. Get armor or MR depending on who you top against in defense tree and the health masteries, offensive should be obvious.

Ulting: lead and zone single to triple targets with your ult. Although Im a f*%$-ing pro and triple kill people on my landing alone, the majority of your ults damage comes when you jump on the target afterwards.
Pantheons ult is also misunderstood to be worthless late game. F*%$ ANYBODY WHO THINKS THIS. It is the ultimate tool to catch that ad carry out of position farming bot lane. It is the ultimate tool to chase the stupid ****s who try to run from you after they lose a teamfight.
My favorite thing to do is coordinate with my team's real tank, such as an alistar or a volibear. Ill tell them Im ulting the whole team defending their inhib tower in advance, and he'll charge in with the rest of my team to aoe cc. By the time my team shows up, my circle of death is inescapable and their caitlyn and karthus get the full focused force of my abilties while their tanks are busy thinking they are protecting them.
There are only two kinds of people who think pantheon's ult is worthless late game- Those dumb enough to build him as an autoattack glass cannon, and those who dont use it in 5v5 situations with their team. It seriously is a "kill the carry for free" card, because what the f**k are the tanks going to do to stop you from going behind them with it.

Milhoton

04-16-2012

MANtheon detected!

Revenge of Gio

04-16-2012

Sounds mad?

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

i understand why you put BT in there but I would rather have wriggles if Im top lane.

Captain Aptos

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
i understand why you put BT in there but I would rather have wriggles if Im top lane.
The dorans blade honestly gives you enough sustain with early last hits, especially if you're punishing the person laning you with spearshots when they get too close. His passive is good enough that you dont need the armor from wriggles, your seals and aegis are legit. It would be much better to get a brutalizer and vamp scepter early with your 1700 gold than spend the 1600 for a wriggles.

o hi

04-16-2012

why are you still unranked?

also "Why pantheon does not drop off late game if fed" [fixed]

Wanton Davis

04-16-2012

What summoner spells do you run, and order do you max your skills in? I'd like to try this.

CrispyCoffee

04-16-2012

Still needs buff. Once you use your W you got no escape except your ult (which can be interrupted). He is also outdated since his kit doesn't help your team as much as new champions such as Varus. ( AoE reduce healing effects? Dude...)

Captain Aptos

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanton Davis View Post
What summoner spells do you run, and order do you max your skills in? I'd like to try this.
I run flash/ignite, and for abilities I go q-w-q-e-q-r. . . I basicallly max out q for early harass, then go immediately to e for mid-late game burst when it will be most effective.

Captain Aptos

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by o hi View Post
why are you still unranked?

also "Why pantheon does not drop off late game if fed" [fixed]
Hopefully I don't detect sarcasm lol. I played most of my ranked matches with a noob real life friend, which totally killed my current elo. My average kda in general is pretty decent tho.