Roamer .. Help Needed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SAMMlCH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

I think i understand the concept for the most part. What i dont understand is how a team can run this meta against the standard Support&Carry combo on bottom lane. Wouldnt this leave the bot laner at an overcomable disadvantage?

Another thing is the lack of XP for the roamer. Without the minions to kill or atleast let ur carry kill, wouldnt the roamer become underleveled extremely fast?

A few friends and i are looking for a new meta to throw the other team off and i like the idea of the roamer but i need some help on understanding how they get xp and what champs can handle the 1v2 in bot lane.

Any help or tips are appreciated.
THANKS

Lulu Nakura

04-16-2012

Roaming is based off of getting kills. You don't get kills you better not be roaming. Otherwise gold and exp arent an issue.

SAMMlCH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

So would a roamer be more efficient if they were someone with more burst power? or someone who has better ganking power such as alistar?

Palmerfan

04-16-2012

Shaco and garen are good examples of effective roamers. Both are devastating when ganking, will burst someone down quickly, and don't necessarily need to be same level as the person you are ganking to be effective. Watch some competitive play with roamers and you will see how they get it done.

SAMMlCH

04-16-2012

OK thanks Palmer!

lastchancexi

04-16-2012

No. Shaco and Garen are poor roamers because they require farm.

There is one recent famous example of roaming which I will link to here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWVZFvXBgBk

Note how devastating the alistar/lee sin combo is, the ganks come flying out of nowhere and get lots of kills. Also, the blue buff urgot constantly gets helps him a lot to keep harassing. The range and tankyness are the key to 1v2ing bot lane.

SAMMlCH

04-16-2012

okay i havent clicked the link yet but im almost positive ur talking about the moscow five game not too long ago. Thats where i originally got the idea but the problem is we only have 3 ppl who play together consistantly and its hard to communicate with randoms. Is there any point in roaming with out having a full premade team?

StyrTW

04-17-2012

Probably not, unless two of your three are the bot lane / roamer. You can't put most AD carries alone bot and you most likely will need to give them the first blue if they use mana, so a manaless jungler is a must. If your trio could do bot/roam/jungle you could execute the roam strategy better, and since you have 2 coordinated people traveling around the map constantly you better counter jungle/gank a lot.

While it is true the roamer will be underleveld and underfarmed if they have the toolkit required it can work. You are banking on your roamer to pick up kills you wouldn't have otherwise gotten and to try to dominate the early game. If your roamer fails though, the enemy will have a much stronger mid and late game than you. Really it's up to you three to make it work, good luck. Eve used to be a strong roam when she had a stun, but nowadays you'll find choices like Alistar or Taric to be better due to tankyness+heal and hard CC.

SAMMlCH

04-17-2012

ok i like alistar and the other two like lee sin and corki. i think that could work.

another question i had was counter jungling with a roamer. if i do choose to counter jungle should i take lee with me that way he can grabs their buffs?. ali doesnt really need buffs since hes not much of a killer, more CC than anything.

StyrTW

04-17-2012

Just emulate m5 as much as you can in that match. Lee Sin counter jungled as much as he could in the enemy jungle while Ali cleared the smaller camps in their own to prevent gold decay and deny the enemy jungle the opportunity. Copying what the pros do is your best bet.