How do you win ranked solo when two out of three lanes lose horribly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TatsuyaSuou

04-16-2012

If anyone has suggestions beyond just doing everything you can to keep the map warded and to try to catch people out of position I'm all ears. Been losing ELO nonstop to players that take a solo lane, get outplayed, feed, lose their tower and then we lose all map control and ultimately the game.

Last five games my duo partner and I have won our lane hands down but every other lane has lost, usually so badly that it puts the game out of reach. If you're in bot lane and top is feeding nonstop, how do you turn that around? Do you rely on the jungler to try and prop the failing lane up? Do you try to push other lanes to force their team to put their attention elsewhere? It doesn't help that every game I wind up playing support and when I watch the carries feed or build idiotic items or completely ignore focusing targets that actually need to die in favor of the enemy tank. I really want to make a bigger impact on the game as a whole but I don't know how to do that during the laning phase beyond just helping my AD carry win his or her lane. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

RoyalFlushGang

04-16-2012

You don't and that's why you duo queue.

I know the obnoxious high ELO players will probably come to the thread and say "*derp* you can carry two feeding lanes and feeding jungler *herp*"

But you can't. One player can't carry a team of four feeders.

Albend

04-16-2012

Your only hope is being positive, and I believe that wholeheartily. If you can keep your team positive they always have a chance, particularly in low ELOs where your enemies are likely to make a series of exploitable mistakes. If you can keep your guys having fun and on there toes you have a chance.

TatsuyaSuou

04-16-2012

Staying positive isn't going to change anything when you're in a 1-10 hole 15 minutes into the game and you've lost two towers and taken zero dragons and I'm not super low bracket, I'm gold ELO range but it just doesn't seem to matter.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

/surrender@20

TatsuyaSuou

04-16-2012

I guess it irritates me tremendously that this game can snowball out of control that hard and that fast. When you're relegated to a position that cannot impact the other lanes before 15 minutes or so, there's really nothing you can do but feel infuriated. I don't know if it's a failing of matchmaker or the Elo system is just that FUBAR that it doesn't really do anything justice but it just boggles my mind when I see people make terrible decisions and lose easily winnable matchups by making said terrible decisions and that's the kind of player the game tells me I belong with.

acosn

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFlushGang View Post
You don't and that's why you duo queue.

I know the obnoxious high ELO players will probably come to the thread and say "*derp* you can carry two feeding lanes and feeding jungler *herp*"

But you can't. One player can't carry a team of four feeders.
If you're as good as you think you are it really is just one good and four bads against five bads.

Otherwise at worst you're about 100 ELO short of what's supposed to be accurate.

Simple instruction, team work, warding, and gearing can turn around retarded- and I mean retarded like, "We had half their kills and our support was purposely getting killed and we still turned it around." retarded- kill deficits.

One of the most misunderstood concepts in League is the finer parts of who's good when. A team that's heavily stocked with the meta- soaks, and tanks- is going to lose every time against a well played, properly balanced team.

Aikimiller

04-17-2012

When the other two lanes start feeding early, it becomes very, very difficult to turn the game around- both actually and mentally, of getting your teammates from a mindset of losing to one of having a chance.

The high elo players frequently do have the skill to carry a game like that- but they're talking about playing in a game 1000 elo below their actual score- whereas most of us are either at our elo, or if we've improved and are clawing our way up, slightly below.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

It's no coincidence that the two recommended solo queue carry roles - jungle and mid - are the ones which impact all lanes when played well.

Besides that, making good calls helps. A lot. Games have been carried on calls alone. There was this Wukong, nothing spectacular, mechanics were as good as any other scrub, but he pinged all the correct places at the correct times and carried his team just on that. It's entirely possible to do from any position, evening out a mismatched game (laners lost but not terribly) or giving the advantage to an even game (laners didn't lose but didn't win either). Basically, it's that little extra boost.

mothergoose729

04-17-2012

All you can really do is play your best. This thread is for venting, not for advice or constructive criticism. Given enough time your ELO will get where it is supposed to be. A think a valid criticism of the system is that it doesn't work fast enough, no that it doesn't work at all.