Lee Sin late game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kirafa

04-24-2012

I've been playing jungle Lee Sin for about 2-3 weeks, and starting about 1 week ago, I've started getting the hang of it. I do relatively well early game, provided the enemy jungler doesn't counter-jungle me (I hate you, Udyr...). Anyway, I found a build off of Mobafire. This isn't any form of advertising or anything, but you can find it here, if you'd like to see it - http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...n-build-116481. I tweak the guide, of course. i.e. instead of building a Tri-Force out of my Phage, I build a Frozen Mallet if I'm not doing well/need the slow/need to be more tanky.
I do relatively well early game, like I said, but around mid-late game... I run into problems. Now, it's common knowledge that Lee Sin falls off late game, and I believe that it is due to the decline in damage he can do when compared to the enemys' health. This is only a slight problem for me, and the main problem comes when both teams cluster at mid and push. This is where I hit a wall. I find that I can't do anything. If I try to go in and kill a squishy carry, I will get focused by their entire team. During teamfights, I their carry is usually either in the center of the enemy team, or at the front, and i can't Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike onto them, because I will get focused and killed. I honestly don't know how to do this. I can only kill single targets. I really don't want to go into all the spam that exists during a teamfight, no matter how tanky I am. I could Resonating Strike onto the carry, and kick him/her into my team, but that would make me the focus of the other team, and I would be focused. Of course, I don't recall this has ever happened, but I am afraid that it will. After all, even Mundo won't live if there are 5 people cc'ing him, and constantly doing damage.
If anybody can help, it would be very greatly appreciated. I'm tired of being useless late game.

EDIT: I am currently trying a solomid guide, as I just recently heard that mobafire isn't that great, nor is it very reliable. I learned a lot more from this guide, so I will try it out. Apparently, you Resonating Strike into the back, then Dragon's Rage the carry into your team, disrupting as many enemies as you can. Correct me if I'm wrong. Gonna try a game now. Hope this works!

Tanner Calder

04-24-2012

Lee sin is actually a really high skill cap champion believe it or not. It takes a lot of practice to master him, you need to learn the ins and outs of his play style. I actually jungle Lee quite a bit and had that issue for the first month -__- it was awful I could get 4 kills early game and still feel useless later. I pretty much never build t-force on him and always go FM I think it's helped me a lot. Also I build atma as fast as I can, I have been successful building it before I finish my FM. The solo mid guide has a good point if you can kick that enemy carry into your team and they successfully kill it, your death was perfectly fine. So you should probably just practice good positioning and you will be killin it in no time =p

Also I got very good at ward jumping with my wriggles and it helped a lot I hot key my first item slot to T and I can ward jump in a split second now. Makes for very successful getaways and ways to catch up to people. Good luck!

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

Quote:
I've been playing jungle Lee Sin for about 2-3 weeks
ive been runing lee since day 1.

i have posted a few diffrent topics on lee sin {just do a search for my user name for ides not discussed here in}
-- a jungling thread with some basic's for lee... set ups ect..
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1974351

the main problem most people complain on late game lee sins damage falling off is a combination of health and armour.
and that teams grouping ontop of each other and CC lee sin to prevent his full damage befor they can see it.

If you do not run Armour pen marks/quins and items you will deal lower damage late game and appear to have fallen off.

to compormis on the tanky - dps late game damage fall off - run a Lastwhisper

tanky - dps builds is probably the most consitantly seen builds becuae of its easy to use nature with high surviablity and less reliance on skill from your self adn team to surive.

it does play out to learn and become familary with more then one build as each has there own marets and useagaes in game

for example i run.a few diffrent builds

Fratama's
Maw,mercury treads/nija's, bt, LW, Triforce/Frozenmallet, atama's impaler.

Tanky-dps
Warmogs, impaler,atama's,Bt, FON, mercury/nijatabi

Trinity off tank
ghostblade,Omen.Triforce,Gunblade/Bt,merc/nija's,FoN

Blind rage - my own personal build : it is a glass cannon and requires alot of skill to use effecivly coupled with a good team to help you get in and out of combat.

BT,Soto/BT,Trioforce,Merc/nija,LW,IE

each have there advantages and disadvanages

Quote:
This is only a slight problem for me, and the main problem comes when both teams cluster at mid and push.
yeah that becomes a problem for most assisns where their objectives are hidden or blocked by tanks.

lee has a very good trick to learn and that is postionally ward hoping.

place wards in and around the target you want to kill, safeguard onto it and rage kick the primary target into your team and Q them as they fly- then Q back to safety via that target.

lee can do someothign i like to call "stack casting" lee can cast ERW while mid air.
{it may/ cancel the damge from resoning strike if you dont hit them first.}

with this you can QQ a target and R{mid air} the real target into the direction you want, hard cc can still interrupt the abilty but it makes it a bit earier to cast spells onto teams in this manner.

Quote:
EDIT: I am currently trying a solomid guide, as I just recently heard that mobafire isn't that great, nor is it very reliable. I learned a lot more from this guide, so I will try it out. Apparently, you Resonating Strike into the back, then Dragon's Rage the carry into your team, disrupting as many enemies as you can. Correct me if I'm wrong. Gonna try a game now. Hope this works!
yip that pretty much the idea get behind/side them disrupt the team with the knockup and tempes and get out with safeguard {at best this issolates the carry for an easy kill if you team is on the ball}

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

I've heard that trying to rush a bloodthirster makes you set on damage for mid game. Also Wriggles generally isn't needed you only need Dorans for early jungling but it doees give you some nice nifty benifits. Free ward jump more buff and dragon insurance.

StrmCkr

04-24-2012

Quote:
I've heard that trying to rush a bloodthirster makes you set on damage for mid game. Also Wriggles generally isn't needed you only need Dorans for early jungling but it doees give you some nice nifty benifits. Free ward jump more buff and dragon insurance.
acutally thats true, lee doesnt need wriggles to jungle. the free wards + tricks are nice.

i usually open with boots+ heal pots
or vamp sceptor.
rushing into bF sword then upgrade boots -> bT

if im not ganking well for kills/assits i swap to dorans x2 for damage increased then go for bt
mid game is where i transtion into more of buriser over a nuke opting for health mr and armour itms dependign on what i am facing.

kirafa

04-24-2012

Thanks for all the help. I knew about ward-hopping. I remember I was playing a custom against a friend, and I freaked him out with the random dash, so ya. Didn't know about the stack-casting, though. I always start with Vamp Scepter, then build Wriggle's, followed by basic boots, and a phage. That was the mobafire guide, anyway. I think I'll hold onto the Vamp Scepter, though, because Lee Sin can jungle FOREVER with it.