I'm no longer getting IP/EXP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeltedWater

04-15-2012

I've been doing intermediate bot matches up to level 15, and now all of a sudden I get no IP and EXP when I lose. Is this normal? Does level 15+ no longer get anything if they lose? I don't understand...I also disconnected during the game and came back, but the game before I was there the whole time and got nothing. I'm confused. I hate spending an hour and getting NOTHING. What gives?

I don't want to keep facing beginner bots because they are too easy. I'm trying to push myself to learn and play better by facing intermediate bots, but if it's gonna be like that I might as well wait until I'm 30. -_-

alaskaneagle

04-15-2012

I remember when I posted this :-)

you only get a certain amount of time to get exp/ip from bots and when you hit that time you have to wait till the next day for it to reset.

If you move to pvp (this is the reason I started playing pvp) you can get exp/ip again.

If you don't want to do pvp you can also make a smurf and so when one account is out of time to gain from bots you can click over to the other account.

I heard they did that so people couldn't use programs to lvl accounts as easily (though it seems stupid since you can just lvl multiple accounts, and anyone who would do it would want to lvl multiple accounts anyway) to sell.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

04-15-2012

You get zero xp/ip from bot games from level 15 on, after a certain amount of time spent in bot/custom games. I want to say it is 3 hours. At most it is that, it might be 2 and a 1/2 hours.

Riot wants people to eventually go into PvP games, and 15 is a little late, but not the worst, as you have half the way to go to 30, and can still pick up the tricks you need to succeed in pvp matches at 30 in the last 15 levels. After level 5-8 you lose a lot of the smurfs who destroy the early experience for people, and while you still get ragers/feeders/trolls and such, that is just going to happen.

Try to ignore that, get better at playing people in a pvp setting. If you want to try some friendly pvp, check out the Summoner's Academy threads to sign up and play in a more controlled, relaxed pvp setting.

MeltedWater

04-15-2012

What? That's dumb. I can't do PvP. I can't compete with these other level 30's that have more masteries and have runes. I don't have runes at all. I need to practice more on bots. That's just dumb. -_-

Anti1460

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedWater View Post
What? That's dumb. I can't do PvP. I can't compete with these other level 30's that have more masteries and have runes. I don't have runes at all. I need to practice more on bots. That's just dumb. -_-
Ull get matched with ppl near your level and even if u lose u still get ip

MeltedWater

04-15-2012

I just played 3 games.

I won against beginner bots, and got nothing.
I won against intermediate bots, and got IP/XP.
I surrendered agaisnt intermediate bots, and got IP/XP.

But last night, I LOST (not surrendered) against intermediate bots and got nothing. o.O Does that make sense?

Trigbomb

04-15-2012

I believe that last night you were locked out of experience, due to playing your max number of AI minutes. Today you timer reset, so you are able to play for another couple hours against AI. Once you've played that amount of time against AI today, you'll start getting nothing again for the rest of the day. Reset the next morning. Etc etc.

Also, you can safely play PvP games. When you first start, the PvP games will be easier than AI bots (at least they were to me). They match you up against people around the same level and skill as you.

Good luck!

Anti1460

04-15-2012

And if u play against lvl30s it will be new lvl 30s and trust me, there's some really bad lvl 30s out there

AJStarhiker

04-15-2012

There's a tiered system for XP/IP vs bots based on your player level. You get less at higher levels and less for playing vs. beginner bots (I can't remember off-hand what it is).

Keep in mind that playing vs bots is different than pvp. You'll find real players do things the bots aren't programmed to do and bots can time their skills perfectly, unlike human players.

If you're worried about being outclassed, the game will use your win/loss ratios to help match you against players close to your ability.

Bottom line? The longer you wait, the harder it will be to transition to pvp.

Anti1460

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
There's a tiered system for XP/IP vs bots based on your player level. You get less at higher levels and less for playing vs. beginner bots (I can't remember off-hand what it is).

Keep in mind that playing vs bots is different than pvp. You'll find real players do things the bots aren't programmed to do and bots can time their skills perfectly, unlike human players.

If you're worried about being outclassed, the game will use your win/loss ratios to help match you against players close to your ability.

Bottom line? The longer you wait, the harder it will be to transition to pvp.
Very good point. I started at like lvl 5 and I did fine.