Whose Idea was it to make Surrender vote 2/1 fail?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

04-16-2012

The system is majority + one vote

Ezahdimusz

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebamk View Post
Ok, let's imagine a world when only 2 votes are necessary, You are doing great, 12/0, and in a small gank your teammates die, they rage and decide to start a surrender vote, you lost because 2 **** kids started to cry because they got killed just once.

Now, the same game but three votes are necessary to surrender, you deny to surrender, and manage to carry your **** bad team to victory, because you're ridiculously fed, and the enemy team just want to commit suicide

So, are you really sure you want the world where 2 trolls can ruin your perfect game? I don't think so son.
And what of the world that currently exists where the ONE troll can ruin the game of TWO others? You don't object to that?

I have on numerous occasions experienced games in which an unwinnable situation is reached and yet surrendering simply isn't an option because the third player doesn't see it, refuses to see it, deliberately chooses not to surrender just to spite the other two or any number of other reasons who's relevance is questionable. One person in this circumstance is forcing the continuation of a match the remaining two have no interest in playing.

This is unacceptable. Entirely as unacceptable as two players forcing the end of a game a third wishes to continue playing (and I personally think arguably more so). One troll can ruin a game of Twisted Treeline. I should not be forced to continue to play in a hopeless match because of it.

I'm not suggesting that double trolling is acceptable either, but surrendering is a valid option sometimes. It should not require a unanimous vote for the reasons stated above. Trolls should not be able to force the continuation of a pointless game any more than they should be able to prematurely end it.

In light of all this, the system is definitely flawed. Double trolling from two players with the power to end a game would suck, certainly. But it's not "ok" for one person to be able to produce a likewise negative effect any more than it is for two, I don't care the cirucmstances. A better system is required.

Deathcrow666

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal2000 View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/learn/...y/surrendering

70% of team must agree to surrender. if not there would a lot of early surrenders in games where actually the "losing team" could've still won.

didnt you saw some of the ipl 4 matches where a team with 20 less kills still could win with a late game ace?? all you need to win is a late teamfight in your favor.

Correct as you might be.... takes 4 out of 5 ppl on a map that is supposed to be balanced for all champs... Where as TT EVERYONE knows some champs are just to OP for that map.

So the need to a full team surrender seems kind of asinine if you think about it. If you are going up against a team like say. Olaf, Trynd and Mundo.....Anyone in their right mind would surrender. But again RIGHT MIND. Idk if it is cause if my "normal hidden elo" But I seem to be stuck with crappy players more often than not, by proxy it is probably ppl who just don't care or feel like being jack asses and don't surrender.

So 3/0 to surrender on a map like that is stupid OR have it at 10 min and not 15, maybe.

Deathcrow666

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebamk View Post
Ok, let's imagine a world when only 2 votes are necessary, You are doing great, 12/0, and in a small gank your teammates die, they rage and decide to start a surrender vote, you lost because 2 **** kids started to cry because they got killed just once.

Now, the same game but three votes are necessary to surrender, you deny to surrender, and manage to carry your **** bad team to victory, because you're ridiculously fed, and the enemy team just want to commit suicide

So, are you really sure you want the world where 2 trolls can ruin your perfect game? I don't think so son.
But realistically, how often does this happen? In all my months and experience on TT I have never came across Trolls who would do such a thing. Not even a troll would be such a **** like that. If a troll comes to realizing that they might win, then they will attempt to win while still trolling.

If you feel the need to vote when you are getting your ass handed to you, well everyone has that right to throw in the towel also and move on.

Deathcrow666

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
Duo queuers would just surrender if the game wasn't going how they wanted it to
Again. Not talking about Summoners Rift. This thread is under Twisted Treeline.

Cocona Vatel

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathcrow666 View Post
So the need to a full team surrender seems kind of asinine if you think about it. If you are going up against a team like say. Olaf, Trynd and Mundo.....Anyone in their right mind would surrender. But again RIGHT MIND. Idk if it is cause if my "normal hidden elo" But I seem to be stuck with crappy players more often than not, by proxy it is probably ppl who just don't care or feel like being jack asses and don't surrender.
who actually plays tyrn in ranked? 3s doesn't have room for champs that rely on the other team being made of Armour-less squishies.

Deathcrow666

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyric Elf View Post
who actually plays tyrn in ranked? 3s doesn't have room for champs that rely on the other team being made of Armour-less squishies.
Not everyone plays their best champs. And since Tryn can be a little OP on this map..people will play him in ranked. Seeings how the only Ranked for TT is team Ranked. If played Smart they might feed their Trynd so he can carry them to victory.

Razekal

04-24-2012

3 out of 5 (60%) votes in SR is a failure
2 out of 3 (66.6%) votes in TT is a failure

I don't see the problem.

Yefo

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaaz View Post
Majority vote should always win. Whose bright idea was it to make the 1 person the most dominant of the 2? Seems like minority vote > majority. The voting system is broken. If the vote goes over 50%, that should count as majority.

I wonder if Riot will fix the voting system any time soon or will the Stealth Remake somehow be done before I turn 40.

Edit: I'm giving Riot 20 years to somehow make the Stealth remake. I still think that's too little time for them.
They aren't going to "fix" it because as far as they're concerned, the voting system isn't broken.

Personally, I'd like to see 2/1 be a surrender vote on TT, but requiring 4/1 on SR is fine. Too many people spam surrender on SR when games are much easier to come back from than on TT.

Deathcrow666

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razekal View Post
3 out of 5 (60%) votes in SR is a failure
2 out of 3 (66.6%) votes in TT is a failure

I don't see the problem.
When are people going to get it... Twisted Treeline is not Summoners Rift... SR get's it's own kind of jungle creatures, different Meta, More if not all champs are balanced on that mode. AND 4/1 is still a pass. Where's 2/1 is Not pass.