AD top gragas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow Jester

04-15-2012

Mm these victories taste so good

MMKH

04-15-2012

I saw one recently, he died really fast and did nothing lol. The fact that you have to stop just to use W so often to get the buff really hurts Gragas. He got nerfed a bit too hard last year, back when I mained him on SR.

pinkpig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

Highly situational, as he will be too squishy. I still remember the time when you could build him tanky and still rape the faces.

Panwar

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
The fact that you have to stop just to use W so often to get the buff really hurts Gragas.
When I saw this thread I clicked on it already planning on saying this. I played a couple of games as AD Gragas and stopping to use W suuuuuuuucccckkkss. The channel on it sucks while you are fighting as well. As opposed to someone like GP who just instacasts his buff. It's the single biggest problem stopping AD Grag.

The other issue is that his Q basically becomes a skillshot Atkspd debuff. Which is also pretty underwhelming.

If his Q scaled in some way with AD(I always thought that if you had more AD than AP it would scale s a piercing projectile-sort of like it rolls over people). And his W had some QoL changes, AD Grag might work.

GeneralDirection

04-15-2012

The thing is all of Gragas's spells deal magic damage. By doing physical damage, you're abandoning nearly every ratio that supports him. Many of the successful champions on Dominion play to their scaling abilities, and if Gragras doesn't do the same, he's just not getting much value per level up.

Panwar

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDirection View Post
The thing is all of Gragas's spells deal magic damage. By doing physical damage, you're abandoning nearly every ratio that supports him. Many of the successful champions on Dominion play to their scaling abilities, and if Gragras doesn't do the same, he's just not getting much value per level up.
Well his base Atk damage is good, and his E scales off of AD. He's got the stats to be an AD bruiser(which is why he is such a hearty AP mage) his kit is just cumbersome to play as a fighter.

MMKH

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
When I saw this thread I clicked on it already planning on saying this. I played a couple of games as AD Gragas and stopping to use W suuuuuuuucccckkkss. The channel on it sucks while you are fighting as well. As opposed to someone like GP who just instacasts his buff. It's the single biggest problem stopping AD Grag.

The other issue is that his Q basically becomes a skillshot Atkspd debuff. Which is also pretty underwhelming.

If his Q scaled in some way with AD(I always thought that if you had more AD than AP it would scale s a piercing projectile-sort of like it rolls over people). And his W had some QoL changes, AD Grag might work.
Actually, it's a good idea to have his W changed to work like GP's E, meaning it will cast instantly without having to channel. Because the frequency of having to channel or the lower duration since the nerf is pretty annoying, especially if you get CCed or move during the channel.

Also, his attack animations are terribly slow IMO, and it's only good when he crits.

Sauron

04-15-2012

Gragas is 0.651+2.08%, which is only slightly slower than Gangplank actually. GP can Q between attacks, but Gragas can also E frequently.

I'm not saying its a good idea, but there are worse casters you can go AD with.

Panwar

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I'm not saying its a good idea, but there are worse casters you can go AD with.
Agreed, as I said, it's not his stats that are holding him back it's:

"There's a fight I'll get in there and help my team and do some damage. Oops my buff is down, just hold on a second while I channel my steroid guys. Ok, now I'm ready to fight! Oh darn the fight is over and we lost."

Shaxtenn

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDirection View Post
W gives him 70 bonus AD, and 18% damage reduction (not armour, not MR, pure damage reduction). This is one of the biggest AD steroids in the game, more than Trynd and Sion, behind Mundo and Malphite.

E has a .66 AD ratio. Plus a 35% slow.

Q has a 20-40% AS debuff.

His ult displaces, which also interrupts channels.

You're right that his abilities deal magic damage, so there's that awkwardness of building arpen for your autoattacks and it not benefitting your abilities. This lack of synergy is probably what holds him back from being on the level of Jax/WW/whoever else. But Gragas is actually set up as a really decent bruiser.

Triforce is an easy choice on him. He scales with every single stat it provides, and his spammable abilities go well with Sheen.

Grab a Frozen Heart for the armour, mana, and CDR, and with your barrels, you can shut down enemy AS by 60%.

His #1 weakness is having to channel W for 1s every 20s.