Renekton Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollo11x

04-15-2012

I've been playing Renekton for quite a bit now but I cant seem to find a build that works well for me. Renekton is a very fun champion for me to play. Please give me any suggestions of how to buid him

an actual dog

04-15-2012

Start with Dorans Blade
Brutalizer, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster, Atmas (rush BT if you're doing well, otherwise go Mallet first)
Maw and/or Spirit Visage for MR
If you're losing your lane go Mercs or Tabi, otherwise go Ionian

acosn

04-15-2012

Frozen Mallet is bad on Renekton. Its not a good source of survivability (let alone effective HP), virtually any other item in the game is a better source of AD, or at least a better value (you could stack Doran's blade and get better returns) , and if you can't utilize the slow (Renekton doesn't depend on auto attacks, so that's a no) its a bad value before you even buy it.

DPS: Black Cleaver, Blood Thirster. These are literally the only two items you should buy purely for the purpose of damage. IE is a bum investment on Renekton, so BT is the largest source of AD for Rene in the game. Lifesteal is just icing on the cake.

Black Cleaver is a huge boon because it works off your W, so Renekton is just about the only character in the game that can max out it's stack in one or two hits. Please, Yes please.

Survivability: Spirit Visage, Maw of Malormous, Atma's, Funfire Cape.
Pick your poison. Spirit Visage is highly desirable because its a little bit of everything he wants in one inexpensive package.

MoM is your go-to for caster breaking.

Atma's is a mid / late game survivability steroid. Stupidly gold efficient, but only when you're peaking around 3000 HP. If you try to invest in an Atmogg's build you will spend too much time too early in the game in items that don't really enable you to do your job. You're not Olaf. You're not Sejuanni. HP only gives you HP.

Sunfire Cape is a little bit of everything. Not great, not bad.

Boots: Boots of Lucidity, Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi. Cloak and Dagger isn't necessarily a bad alternative to Merc Treads but there's not a lot of good alternatives to the CDR you miss on those ionian boots. Renekton doesn't even scale off AP so blue pilling isn't quite the option it is on other characters, and you don't want to drain blue buff from people who can put it to better use.

Utility: QSS, Wriggle's Lantern, Brutalizer + Youmuu's Ghost Blade.

I don't need to tell you when to buy QSS.

Wriggle's is great for early / mid game. Loses it's punch later on. Buy it simply because it'll end up paying for itself after 22 ward drops. If you don't understand why it's unrealistic that you'll see that happen, but its much more likely you'll get half way there....nevermind.

Brutalizer is your easiest source of CDR that doesn't compromise another gear slot as you see with the boots selection.

Nothing But Aces

04-15-2012

i go dorans mercs/situational boots brutaliser warmogs atmas the BT or MAW or situationals

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

what acosn said.
u don't rlly need a mallet on a pseudo ad-caster like renekton