Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Release Notes v1.0.0.98

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carthalion

08-11-2010

oh snap, alien turrets.

xathil

08-11-2010

dear himer whiners: hes still fine. the turrets got nerfed a little but he needed it. if you dont think so, go find out why hes banned in so many games. really though, hes still plenty powerful and the "nerfs" barely affected him.
ryze : really didnt need the buff but the ult needed to be fixed. this change was more of a buff for him though which was kinda unwarranted but it wont change much. he will still pwn 1v1, get targeted first in 5v5s (maybe other than twitch).
nunu: LOL. just remove him already. one of the most worthless heroes in the game. a channeled nuke, one skill that barely heals him now even more useless, a single buff (probably his only decent ability), and that one shot wonder slowball. he offers a team practically nothing other than a buff and a slow really.
olaf: now he hits the same amount faster.. i guess hes too weak early game? i think he was fine but this wasnt much of a buff.
malz: really needed that ult range buffed. makes him alot less weak (his passive voidling is still worthless though)
all other character changes... not really even worth mentioning.

TiV3

08-11-2010

I'm not going to let people tell me to spend money on an f2p game.
I bought/played enough b2p and p2p games to have certain criteria and will spend on f2p games accordingly.

making runepages cost twice-4times as much in IP compared to champ's IP~RP prices is an insult though. (or do we have 500rp champs for 6300ip already, not sure)And I cant even show off my runepages ingame like I could with skins.

It's basic functionallity that was often enough demanded to be considered basic functionality.

edit: and no I wont buy 900rp champs with RP ever when I can just spend 3k ip or 6k ip on em to unlock em. Naturally this calls for 12k IP champs.

Dolans Rings

08-11-2010

Buy the mug!

Reservoir Bogs

08-11-2010

Quote:
SlimChing:
Buy the mug!

Seconded

Genesis G

Recruiter

08-11-2010

A few words about Vlad:

Transfusion is a very good move, no one is disputing that. It is Vladimirs most powerful move, and the move ITSELF could be considered overpowered. Just because one of four moves is very powerful does not make the champion as a whole overpowered. Without transfusion Vlad would be a bad champion because his other damage dealing skills are underpowered. This does not make the champion underpowered as a whole mind you. Tides of Blood requires melee range and must have four stacks before it does a decent amount of damage... and that is when it begins raping your health. His ultimate, Hemoplague, does extremely insignificant damage (for an ultimate). Sanguine Pool is a great escaping / initiating ability, but at a cost of 20% of your health... ouch (However, I agree that Riot needs to comment on what will be done about certain moves being dodged).

Basically, what I am trying to say here is that: Yes, Vladimirs Q is amazing but it has to be amazing given his other damage dealing skills, including his ultimate, are weaker than most. Try a few games a Vlad this week while he is free (real games, not practices against nubs) and you will begin to understand exactly what I am talking about.

In closing, I feel that Vlad is completely balanced at this point (aside from the buggy dodging while in Sanguine Pool). He is a skillful champion unlike some of the newer ones lately... *cough* Xin *cough*... *clears throat* and is fun to play in my opinion. Good job Riot!

Genesis G

Recruiter

08-11-2010

Quote:
SlimChing:
Buy the mug!

Buy two!

Killijota

08-11-2010

Hextech Gunblade buff, Yeehay for Kayle and Akali

Grave

08-11-2010

Quote:
Udyr:

General
  • Smart Cast now defaults to Shift and Self Cast now defaults to Alt. These can be changed in the keybinding menu.

I am having quite some trouble with the new smartcast. Before the patch the smartcast would automaticly selfcast if my mouse wasnt pointing at anyting,but after this patch i just cant seem to get it to work like that. It seems as though the old smartcast was a combination of both self and todays smartcast which was by far better. Is there some way to make it work the way it used to that just dont see? Or is there a third function that could make it work a hybrid of smartcast and selfcast? If not,why not make it?

Fyera

08-11-2010

why do practice games all of a sudden require 4 ppl