Amummu, the emo mummy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumplstlskn666

08-11-2010

Direct me to a amummu guide, or tell me what i should rune and item build and masteries please =)

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-12-2010

I main amumu, his item set is ridiculiously simliar to galios

First items, doran shield or mana crystal with HP pots
then begin to build core items

core

1)chalice
2)boots (merc/sorc/swiftness)
3)aegis

vs physical
4)sunfire cape
5)thorn mail/glacial shroud /\ frozen heart
6)sunfire cape/randuins omen

vs magic
4)banshees veil(heavy CC)
5)abyssal scepter
6)force of nature

mix and match for hybrid enemy team comps alternating between priority items

AP/cdr Build

1)chalice
2)boots /\ merc treads or sorc or swiftness - counter enemy team
3)aegis o the legion (sorry, core item)
4)rod of ages/rhylais
5)abyssal scepter
6)kages pick + codex /\ death fire grasp

runes
yellow hp/lvl
blue flat magic resist
red magic pen
quint flat hp and/or magic resist

masteries 9/21/0 with flash and ghost

I max E FIRST
ONE in Q at level TWO (or one)
and W with one in Q

you should stay in lane with dorans shield or mana crystal untill you have enough money to buy chalice of harmony, when you have chalice harmony begin to jungle and contribute to team fights as soon as you hit level 6
after level 6, you need to be in communication wtih your team regarding the blue golem buff, if you are a good amumu who knows how to ultimate in order to provoke extreme chaos the golem buff should be your priority in order to wreck the face of the enemy team

example of a good ultimate utlization include but are not limited to, bandaging into the enemy team, turning on W, using tantrum, get the attention of the enemy team, when you have a minimum of two carries in your range use the ultimate provided you have team mates near by to ensure the kills
other examples should include a minimum of three general enemy champions

on items, one sunfire cape is useful against a team of enemy champions provided it protects you from towers and adds to your hit points , adding to your magic resistance by providing a solid hit points bonus, promoting survivability

against an enemy magic team you may build sunfire cape if you want to add to your aoe damage after you have completed the banshees veil

any questions?

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-12-2010

Your job with amumu is to initiate, shut down carries, catch fleeing enemies with bandage toss, and wreck face. amumu is a carry, he's a walking nuclear warhead =)

IronMongrel

08-12-2010

Jungle on him, it makes you a much more powerful presence in the game.

Ghost + Smite, no exceptions.

http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/001...30140032000000

Grab Cloth Armor + 5 pots, head over to blue buff (hide near your turret until you see all 5 enemies on lanes so you know you won't get ganked). Put a level into Despair, turn it on, and attack the Golem. Once he hits you, hit your potion, and reapply it once it goes down. When he's around 50% health, smite him. Then just clear the rest of your jungle.

Once you grab your chain vest you can kill Dragon. You should be level 4-6 by now. Get your 2 buffs and go kill it, use bandage toss to stun it to reduce incoming damage. A health potion or two won't hurt. Once you're 6, gank every time your ult is up, otherwise stick to the jungle and keep farming.

Level order as follows:

W(Despair), E(Tantrum), W, Q (Toss), W, R (Ultimate), then prioritize R>W>E>Q.

Your item build should look like this:

Cloth Armor + 5 Pots
Chain Vest
Boots +1
Giant's Belt
Sunfire Cape
Mercs // Boots+3
Guardian Angel
[Another Sunfire or a Force of Nature]

You can grab Chalice at any point if your team needs Golem more than you do, but the Golem is really beneficial to you since it makes your ultimate CD much more manageable and lets you keep Despair on pretty much all the time.

Never use your ultimate to 1v1 past like 15 minutes in. Never use your ult on fewer than 3 players unless you can get both of their heavy damage dealers with it and your team is there to capitalize. Never run away if your team can have a numbers advantage after you die, those extra couple of seconds you're tanking could net your team another kill which sets them that much closer to an ace.

Also, be aware of enemy creep movement. If a creep wave is approaching, be careful with your bandage toss. It's a moderately long CD and far too useful to waste hitting a creep.

berzerk dragon

08-12-2010

I know I'm going to get flak for this, but...Here's a guide.