Stuck in ELO HELL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rylentlar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

you also should dodge trolls if you can catch them in champ select, as well as take a break after a 2 in a row losing streak to play normals and build you confidence back up.

Morale is the key to any victory.

Gelcron

04-16-2012

Heres the deal champ, if you really want to rank up then you need to put in your time in normal games first.
Don't think single minded that any one role or toon is going to be the solution to ranking up.
Learn how to play all roles; mid, top, jungle, bot carry, and support. If you can play all roles and are confident in your skills in those roles then you are going to play well and fulfill the missing element that your team needs.
Don't look at your team as trolls or people trying to swindle you out of kills and don't let negative attitudes drag you down.
Just remain calm fulfill your role and as long as you can identify you are doing your role and confident you are assisting your team to the best of your ability then you will go up.
Positive mentality is a huge part of the game as well as the ability to take a step down from the role you ideally had in mind.
While I am not the end all be all and to be quite honest am in the same ELO level range as you have stated I have made a solid increase in rating for the past month just by changing my mentality, taking sound advice, and learning how to fill all roles.
I used to go into games and say I can't jungle, or I can only play Sona support. Now when I go into games I make it clear I can play whatever my team needs and I don't set my toon choice until I see what my allies ahead of me have chosen and what my enemy has chose.
Pick accordingly and remember some champions are just a bad choice, some champions are just simply a strong counter to what you may intend to play, and choosing someone else may be the correct coarse of action.

Necr0ph

04-16-2012

My problem is that I keep getting that team where one person dc's and the whole team craps out right off the bat. Not really anything I can do to get around it. Im at 900ish elo after coming back up a little bit but I dont know how to get around the constant trolls and the dc's. I play like a 1800 player but I cant get a team together to get me there.

Amoc

04-17-2012

Look at it this way:

If you're in ELO hell and your teams are full of trolls and quitters, then the other team has the same problem on average. It's simple math. That's how matchmaking works. If you play 100 games, 50 of them have trolls or quitters, you'll almost certainly played 50 games where the other team had trolls and quitters as well. After enough games, this will average out and you will be the deciding factor on whether you go up or down in ELO. Unless, of course, you think that God hates you and that Riot has purposely programmed the game to screw you.

Pøtatoes

04-18-2012

Quote:
If you're in ELO hell and your teams are full of trolls and quitters, then the other team has the same problem on average. It's simple math. That's how matchmaking works. If you play 100 games, 50 of them have trolls or quitters, you'll almost certainly played 50 games where the other team had trolls and quitters as well. After enough games, this will average out and you will be the deciding factor on whether you go up or down in ELO. Unless, of course, you think that God hates you and that Riot has purposely programmed the game to screw you.
Your logic is flawed. ELO hell is indeed having about 50% chance to have the crappy team. The problem is : when you do get the crappy team, even if you're a 1700 skilled player, you can't drag yourself out of this loss.

As a result, even if you try your best, it'll take an amazing amount of games to break out of this 50% win ratio and with elo decay, you're going back down to where you started.

Elo hell, no way out of it even if you're super skilled.

MaducVin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pøtatoes View Post
Your logic is flawed. ELO hell is indeed having about 50% chance to have the crappy team. The problem is : when you do get the crappy team, even if you're a 1700 skilled player, you can't drag yourself out of this loss.

As a result, even if you try your best, it'll take an amazing amount of games to break out of this 50% win ratio and with elo decay, you're going back down to where you started.

Elo hell, no way out of it even if you're super skilled.
Elo only decays when you're above 1400. While it's true you may not move because you lose half and win half, if you're a 1700 player you should be able to win more than 50% of the time. It's not a perfect science, but if you're good you after time your Elo should reflect that.

Ebonclaw

04-28-2012

There was a post a long time ago from RIOT, stating that their analytics showed you can carry yourself easily to within ~300 Elo of your expected rating.

In my experience, bouncing mostly between 1300-1400 is that there are still a LOT of idiots and trolls all the way to 1400, and from some accounts to 1500ish. It's not until AFTER 1500 that you escape the people who honestly do not care enough to to intentionally try to consistently win.

This means that any natural skill below 1800 and you are vulnerable to the laws of chance giving you a disproportionate amount of trolls to steal your Elo, since you won't -quite- be skilled enough to just drag yourself out by your own bootstraps.

Maybe we could just say that 900 is the true Elo hell, but 1300 is still the Elo slums.

aphronyaa

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phryke View Post
Hi, i really need some help with getting through elo hell. The highest i got to was 1360. My last current games consisted of a lot of feeders, about 10 minutes into the game the enemy team already had 8 kills...

How do i get around this?

Is it like this in the higher elo brackets?
elo hell does not end ever
take comfort in this

Rollerball

04-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAeon View Post
Personally I think "Elo Hell" is a state of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAeon View Post
2. Pair yourself up with a suitable partner that you think can help you.
You contradict yourself there since by duoing you have lower chances of being in the game with the average players of the same elo eg. a good chance of trolls, leavers, afkers.

Dan1234567890

05-24-2012

doran's starters, counterpicked picks, gankless junglers, trolilolols, afkers, quitters, feeders, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE