Match Making... Solo - Getting put with pre-made

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CharonPyrrhus

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMii View Post
I completely agree with your idea but I have one issue with it.

How are you suppose to gank bot lane when there are wards... and you are mundo...)
Place a vision ward. Destroy their wards. Come back a minute later.

My premade four would ALWAYS let the 5th pick first and fill roles around that. Too bad not everyone plays nicely.

Eebs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Wow, I'm definitely going to stay away from ranked. Good lord, the trolling I see in regular matches from premade teams carries into the Ranked, but there it ends in the Tribunal? No thanks, I've seen the multiple forum posts where people "auto-guilty" vote for free IP. Heck, it's enticing! "Here little summoners, if you vote morally, you'll be screwed, but if you vote guilty at all times, you get free IP for more champs!"

Hmm... wonder how the MAJORITY of the players in this game would vote. (Darn my morals, always screwing me out of IP!)

ADGarner

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eebs View Post
Wow, I'm definitely going to stay away from ranked. Good lord, the trolling I see in regular matches from premade teams carries into the Ranked, but there it ends in the Tribunal? No thanks, I've seen the multiple forum posts where people "auto-guilty" vote for free IP. Heck, it's enticing! "Here little summoners, if you vote morally, you'll be screwed, but if you vote guilty at all times, you get free IP for more champs!"

Hmm... wonder how the MAJORITY of the players in this game would vote. (Darn my morals, always screwing me out of IP!)
The stats just don't pan out this way. It's not actually a very good way to get IP any ways. Some cases take a week or more just for the Tribunal to affirm your vote. The time you'd spend doing cases you could just be playing the game.

As far as for the concerns of the OP I would think it would be just better to improve the blacklist system than to allow some sort of premade opt out system. People who play as a group shouldn't be punished with five minute queue timers just because they want to play with certain people. Half the time I premade I'm pulling in people I met in this game. Some times they have voice chat and some times they don't. It's really counter intuitive to have a friends list if it becomes more hassle to play with friends than with out.

Simply put Riot would do their game a service doing just the opposite - encouraging people to premade queue.

VaporizeX

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
The stats just don't pan out this way. It's not actually a very good way to get IP any ways. Some cases take a week or more just for the Tribunal to affirm your vote. The time you'd spend doing cases you could just be playing the game.

As far as for the concerns of the OP I would think it would be just better to improve the blacklist system than to allow some sort of premade opt out system. People who play as a group shouldn't be punished with five minute queue timers just because they want to play with certain people. Half the time I premade I'm pulling in people I met in this game. Some times they have voice chat and some times they don't. It's really counter intuitive to have a friends list if it becomes more hassle to play with friends than with out.

Simply put Riot would do their game a service doing just the opposite - encouraging people to premade queue.
They are getting punished already, all you have to do is dodge from the que in a normal draft and they are waiting around again for more bans and drafts just to get dodged again because the extra 4 or maybe 5th player isn't happy with the role the are being asked to take on. This happens because you are putting players that have no choice in the matter with a group, for example 4. How many choices do you have left at the end of the bans and team selection, you have single role left and you might not want it. This happens because the pre-mades have a plan that they would like execute for the upcoming game.

If you were a pre-made 3 or 4 wouldn't you want the people joining your team to have made the choice to play in a group? Even when I am playing in a group, and we get an extra guy we are hoping he likes what we have for him to do if he will not tell us during the draft what he wants to do.

A counter argument could be that this option could be abused and have the opposite effect. The trollers would Opt in automatically trying to seek out pre-made groups to screw up that game. In these cases its an open and shut case for the trib, you have a possible 9 reports, and you have the data that this person sought out pre-mades, and that this person has done this many times enough to get reviewed by the trib.

Hey wait I think I fixed the trib too a bit. :-)

++ A little more, if you are a pre-made group, and you know the person had the option to opt out of joining grouped games, and you find yourself with that person on your team because he made the choice to be a part of that pool of players, maybe more people and or groups would treat the extra teammates better then they do at this point.

YourMummu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Bump! So **** agreeeeed!

Slashinghardest

04-18-2012

Me and my three friends play as a pre-made, we nearly always ask what the solo guy wants before choosing and we ask what they can do I think the more a pre-made is forced to solo queue with other premades and realize how annoying it is to be the 'random' they would begin to understand like we do. Not aaying no role is called based on what we want but most the time we give the random first chioce role-wise and we really try to work with them. We know it's more beneficial to have the one we don't know play his best role and tbh lately a lot have been doing either whatever is left or support.

VaporizeX

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashinghardest View Post
Me and my three friends play as a pre-made, we nearly always ask what the solo guy wants before choosing and we ask what they can do I think the more a pre-made is forced to solo queue with other premades and realize how annoying it is to be the 'random' they would begin to understand like we do. Not aaying no role is called based on what we want but most the time we give the random first chioce role-wise and we really try to work with them. We know it's more beneficial to have the one we don't know play his best role and tbh lately a lot have been doing either whatever is left or support.

This is great you are a rare group, from my experience most tell you what you are doing, and then harass you the entire draft, if they don't like your summers spells they increase the harassment.

I find the teams that pick these roles in this order want to win more then they want to a specific role. Not a surprise this pattern is close to how the pro teams usually draft. Support, Jungle (disguised as a solo top) or AD Carry, Solo Top, and AP carry.

Most of the normal draft team's don't seem realize how counter picking works and either counter pick themselves, or don't care, they also show the AP carry early which gets countered. The trading functionality isn't used often even when they have a pre-made group to help in covering the strat to be used.

Treelight

04-18-2012

I would support a solo que only option, longer que times or not. +1

VaporizeX

04-21-2012

bump for the children...

VaporizeX

04-25-2012

bump for the riot guys...