Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Match Making... Solo - Getting put with pre-made

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VaporizeX

04-14-2012

Feature request -- Riot:

Give the players an option to opt out of pre-made 3 and 4's, in solo normal draft, and normals. Its a no-win scenario 90% of the time, you can get reported by 4 people and end up in the trib over and over again if you are playing your best game or not.

I have done extensive testing on this subject across many accounts, trying every role, even when I perform well, I still seem to end up in the trib, say nothing, take the role given, etc. The issue seems consistent.

I would personally not mind waiting the extra time to find a game that isn't a pre-made 3 or 4. If you choose this option you will only get placed with players that are grouped as 2's or 1's wait longer, but you could avoid playing with people that will never be happy no matter what ya do.

Sour grapes? No, just after 5000+ games I see this pattern and it's something I would like to fix about solo que.

Hakuna Muhtata

04-14-2012

Bump^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RealQueenElsa

04-14-2012

This was really well said by Vexara and I appreciate the maturity that was involved in the approach of this topic! Thank you.

Jindex

04-14-2012

I'd also like for this to be a selectable option.

TheDos92

04-14-2012

I completely agree with this post. I've been getting into SR more so now than before (wasn't fan of the long games) but my friends have worked me over on it :P now I always play jungle, and i really enjoy it. So much it's the only thing I'll play but if I solo que and end up with a pre-made, I usually end up having to play a role I'm not comfortable with,nor know how to play properly when it comes to SR. I wish they would have an option like there is in COD (didn't want to mention, but only game I can think of) where there's one queue that allows pre-mades,and one that doesn't.

ADGarner

04-14-2012

They have commented on this. The matchmaker will try to pair a 3 queue or more against another 3 queue or more. (It's not always even though. You queue with 3 you might be paired against opponents who have 5.) So it is almost like premade versus premade queueing. Issue is the one lone guy nearly always gets the blame and tends to perform poorly against an opposing coordinated team because they're (through no fault of their own) the uncoodrinated guy on their team.

VaporizeX

04-14-2012

The story continues, I started asking for roles that I know I am good at it hasn't been received well and or has made me not like my teammates even before the game starts. I have asked in very nice ways and also just blunt going this --> solo top or jungler or mid or support bot. If the premade team has a plan in place you cant win and end up in a role that you might not feel like playing at that point.

Please solve this issue give us the option.

Reverend Zeratul

04-14-2012

While an option to opt out of being put with a premade is nice, shouldn't you also focus on being able to fill more than one or two roles?

Fiiz Khalifa

04-14-2012

a good LoL player can play any role in the game, thats what sets the good players apart from the bad.

VaporizeX

04-15-2012

Quote:
Reverend Zeratul:
While an option to opt out of being put with a premade is nice, shouldn't you also focus on being able to fill more than one or two roles?

Can fill any role and do what the team needs, but what if your best champ for a particular role is banned or taken already? What if your desire is to work on a specific aspect of your game, meaning you want to jungle to get better at it but the pre-mades already have a jungler.

The more people pre-made the pattern seems to be more of a plan is made before the match starts, if you don't fit into that plan or go against it you are likely going to be reported by 3 or 4 people.

I would just like the option to not be grouped with pre-mades before I enter character select. Some days I would prefer to play with a group of pre-mades, be great if this option was available as well.