Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuhMastuh

04-14-2012

I recently started jungling on my friend's recommendation. So far I've been using Yi and from what I've seen he's not the best out there. I find being the Jungler is a lot of fun and was wondering what the best of the best junglers are? Thanks in advance ~

UneakFreak

04-14-2012

There are different kinds of jungles. But the good ones to use for situations you're not sure of are;

Trundle - He can stand his ground against most junglers and is good alround

Jarvan - For the same reasons and he has great CC initiate

Udyr - He jungles really fast and can counter jungle great too.

Rammus - Great ganks, CC, and Tankiness

Nocturne - Great Ganks which can snowball.

Shaco - Amazing ganks for all lanes, can get easy kills, falls off late game though if not snowballed

WaffleWalrus

04-14-2012

I love jungling, but I'm only level 25 so take what I say with a grain of salt. However, here is a comprehensive list of junglers and what they do: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/who-is-your-jungler-and-what-does-he-do-114118#chapter23

Personally, my favorite jungler is Udyr and you can't go wrong with him. He is definitely one of the best junglers and gets banned in pro tournaments because of his goodness. Jungling is easy and fun with him.

Warwick is also an easy jungler to use because of his high sustain and incredible level 6 ganks. Pre-level 6 though his ganks are subpar, but reasonably strong if you can manage to slow them with red buff.

I've jungled with Master Yi before and he's decent with his Alpha Strike gap closer, but he doesn't have any CC to slow the enemy so that your team can hit them. Using meditate to sustain also slows down his jungle clear times. He's pretty squishy though so your ganks have to be very coordinated. If you go in too early you'll be bursted down in no time. He's definitely not one of the best junglers, but if you start off good, he'll Alpha Strike -> Ult everyone in no time.

I don't own any of the following heroes. Nocturne is one of the best junglers hands down (don't own but see in pro games). Maokai is one of the best tanky junglers. Amumu is a good jungler though I haven't really seen a successful one, I just know they're good. Shaco is a jungler that will strike fear into the hearts of the enemies. Shyvana is really good and seen in a lot of pro games.

Good luck and happy jungling!

Liquid Colossus

Recruiter

04-14-2012

The best junglers are Lee Sin, Udyr, Skarner, Trundle, Nocturne, and Dr Mundo. Warwick is a poor jungler. Too slow and with medium ganking ability. If the enemy wards, you won't get a kill off your ult. Master Yi is also a poor jungler. He isn't that fast and his ganks are weak. All of the junglers that I listed are very fast, and they also have good ganks. Lee Sin's ganks are almost always successful when you hit your q. Udyr runs very fast and has good counter jungling. Skarner is fast and has good ganks, especially with his ult. Trundle's q steals ad, which is very good in team fights against the enemy carry, and his ganks are good post level 4. Nocturne post 6 can ignore wards with his ult. Dr. Mundo is just insanely fast.

ADGarner

04-14-2012

The best place to start jungling is with some one like Warwick. He just has that great sustain and amazing dragon control and good ganks. He's still not bad at the advanced stuff like high speed clears, counter jungling, and jungle duels too.

Read up on Lapakaa's guide (http://www.lolpro.com/guides/warwick/69-warwick-guide-jungle/introduction). He's one of the best junglers out there.

Seasoned Salmon

04-14-2012

Skarner

Ultimate anyone that has overextended by the slightest amount.

They die.

sixilli

04-14-2012

there are 2 kinda of junglers imo

There are the tank junglers and god tier ganking junglers. You should learn how to use both depending on your teams needs

Tank junglers
Mundo
Alistar
Malphite
Maokai

Gankers
Shaco
Nocturne
Lee sin

please note this list is very minimalistic. Just find a character you can jungle and go with it.

also the main goal of jungling is bringing forward a character that can get shut down in lane or you need the extra fed player. Remember ganking and buff and epic monster control is the jungler's top responsibilties.

Skilltestingman

04-14-2012

lee sin is my fav. Clears jungle fast, awesome ganks and counter-jungling.

Other good ones are shaco (doesn't need leashes for anything), ww, noc, mao.

Experiment with each and see how u like them

SavageWolves

04-15-2012

In my opinion, the best junglers are not only strong early, but are also effective late game.

For this reason, I would place the following champions in a "tier 1" type bracket:
Skarner
Lee Sin
Udyr
Shyvanna
Nocturne
Mundo

These are the lesser, "tier 2" junglers, who are not effective throughout the game:
Maokai: Strong early (excellent ganks), turns into support/tank late game; doesn't really do any late game damage
Amumu: Fairly weak early until gets level 6, fairly vulnerable to countering, clears fast, turns into support/tank late game
Malphite: Very Strong mid game (~levels 6 -12) turns into tanky initiator/support late game
Shaco: Strong early and mid game, but very squishy and almost ignorable in most games after about 15 minutes

I can continue this list, but I won't go into detail on all the champions. Sejuani, Alistar, and Nautilus also fit here, and a few others, including Cho'Gath and Shen.

The "tier 3" junglers are mostly champions that would be better off in a different role.

I'm going to place Yi here, along with Warwick. Both are better solos than junglers, given their needs for farm, and Warwick's insane ability to sustain in lane.

Hope I gave you something to go off of

-Savage

LordDonato

04-15-2012

It depends on what kind of champs you prefer to play. I you prefer assassins like Yi, I would suggest

trying out Shaco. Easy to learn basics with and grabbing both blue and red are easy and foolproof (lay

boxes then auto attack). Ganks are easy too with Decieve. If you like tanky-DPSs then I'd suggest

Trundle, because he has crazy sustain and doesn't suffer as much from being counter-jungled or from

minor mistakes. The pillar is good to fend off invaders and gank as well. Tank wise I would

personally say Malphite, because cloth armor and his E make clearing a breeze and he has a

targetable slow. AP carries struggle in the jungle (IMO) but I would say Fiddlesticks is the easiest (just

drain away), and his fear is great for ganks. I don't quite know how to classify Skarner but he is a great

jungler as well, with good ganking potential and clear speed. I personally started out with Malphite and

Fiddlesticks, with no runes, and just basic understanding of how to jungle. As long as you have your

team give you a good leash and help you out with ganks you should have no problems no matter who

you chose though.