How to Counter Warwick top solo

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheKingofEloHell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

Alright so I used to abuse the Warwick top a lot.

Since it seems the majority of people here are too stronk to read the entire post I've taken away the TL;DR, so that you'll ACTUALLY read before posting EXACTLY what I already said thinking you've proved me wrong.

Until, I had to fight a Shyvana top, and that game I learned quite a bit about Warwick, and champs like Shyv.

1. Warwick is a SLOW pusher. This means that while he WILL hit every single cs, he does it slowly, effectively he can freeze a lane, and if he manages mana, he can harass the enemy when they come in to cs.

2. Shyvana is a FAST pusher, shes turns on her AOE/ms steroid and can (if she's well versed in Shyv) get every cs before WW can get his third. Because of this Warwick is on his turret, not so bad right? Wrong.

3. Because Shyvanna has her pretty awesome ms steroid, along with ms quints she can easily harass WW under his tower (being careful to avoid tower range) AND worst of all escape almost any sort of gank. (CC would have to be impressively massive to catch someone with 400+ ms)

To sum up, I'm not saying Shyvanna is OP, however champs that rely on anything other than mana, have ms steroids/gap closers AND can push the lane VERY fast can counter WW. (Note how Riven has all but the fast pushing trait; because of this, WW can eventually out sustain her, hence the reason when you ban WW, Riven is a sure pick by the enemy team)

I hope this was helpful, and that I will be able to play Warwick in ranked again soon.

P.s: If you have anything to add, feedback is something I'd love to have since I took the time to type this out for you.

Remember that upvotes are a p p r e c i a t e d .

Dasick

04-14-2012

mordekaiser and vlad **** on him

Rezon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

no.

TheKingofEloHell

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasick View Post
mordekaiser and vlad **** on him
Mordekaiser and Vlad push the lane fast, have high sustain, and do not rely on mana. In what way was I wrong? Read the whole post.

TheKingofEloHell

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezon View Post
no.
Explain yourself

Benny Reno

04-14-2012

Play Shen top. Rush Warden's Mail. Then Get Wit's End, Warmogs and maybe thornmail. Don't even worry about boots (you won't need them because you'll have enough gold to get Sword of the Occult) problem solved that WW is going to be a sad puppy.

TheKingofEloHell

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Reno View Post
Play Shen top. Rush Warden's Mail. Then Get Wit's End, Warmogs and maybe thornmail. Don't even worry about boots problem solved that WW is going to be a sad puppy.
I swear you people downvoting me is ridiculous. SHEN HAS A GAP CLOSER, NON MANA RELATED SPELL SYSTEM, AND SUSTAIN. READ THE WHOLE **** POST BEFORE YOU DOWNVOTE. Everything you people have said falls IN LINE with my post.

CountNoob

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmLeader View Post
Mordekaiser and Vlad push the lane fast, have high sustain, and do not rely on mana. In what way was I wrong? Read the whole post.
Well some of your post don't make sense, like you not calling shyvanna OP where in your post that you even mention shyvanna op before saying that.

But i can see shvyanna working but i can see problems too, what if just farms under tower? How would you escape? WW ult is pretty good its not like vlad who can pool and burst and not like morde who has a regen shield and burst. While shyvanna W is damage over time.

Well idk about how shyvanna counters WW but that one of the problems i see.

Also how does her ms steriod help harass ww under tower? WW can easily ult you under tower.

All seems confusing to me but i am not a shyvanna player.

ManeyLion

04-14-2012

Any non-mana champion with some sort of decent sustain will easily win against WW. A lot of people will get worried because early he will hit you with a few Q's, but if you hang on and keep laning, he will soon be out of mana and therefore can't do anything. Also, the thing about shyvana is her burnout is magic damage, My top lane rune page has 19 armor and no MR whatsoever (except for the times I know I'm going to face an AP top) So it's really hard to fight against that. It's the same if Lee Sin maxes his tempest first, it's all magic damage, it will cut right through you.

Things Betwixed

04-14-2012

Shy would seem like a viable counter to WW but he would still out damage and out sustain her in the long run. He also can become nasty himself by sitting in the middle of minion wave and harass Q you the whole time. Making trading/farming difficult. I see where you are coming from and I will try it out with a Shy player of mine (hes 1700s) and if it is viable I might have a new top counter to WW :P

But as to other counters. Nid/Olaf/Poppy/Vlad/Shen/(A good Udyr/Nasus)/Ryze/Fiora I believe there are more. All of which can trade evenly early or mid. Or quite possibly shut WW down inevitably. You just have to know the champ and either play Safe/Aggressive depending on the champ.

12345 ... 6