Reported for not following the meta?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrinceKO

04-14-2012

I was just doing some tribunal work when I came across a case where a person chose Master Yi even though the team needed a support role. All 4 of his allies reported him for "assisting enemy team". Is this behavior something Riot should fix? Or do we just simply ignore it because Riot would ignore these kind of reports?

And also, is following the meta so important that people should rage whenever someone doesn't follow it?

lol I died again

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceKO View Post
And also, is following the meta so important that sheeple should rage whenever someone doesn't follow it?
Fixed, simply so I can use the word "Yes."

Cytox

04-14-2012

it is being told several times now. in ranked games you have to stick to the meta. when do ppl get this finally

Roshay

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytox View Post
it is being told several times now. in ranked games you have to stick to the meta. when do ppl get this finally
Nope. If you HAD to stick to the meta you would get instabanned for not picking a champion to fulfill the role you have.

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

"The role your team needs" is subjective. Obviously a team of 5 ranged AD carries isn't a balanced team, however there's much more than "bruiser, jungler, AP caster, ranged AD and support" compositions.

As long as people pick someone to help their team win, they're not doing anything wrong. If simply not following the meta strictly was a bannable offense, we'd see tons of banned "pro players" in every tournament.

Knight of Wolves

04-14-2012

Riot doesn't like the Meta. I don't think they'd ban someone if they personally reviewed the case.

k1ll1ngn00bs

04-14-2012

Outrageous!!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Delicious Donut

04-14-2012

yes

DoctorMcPain

04-14-2012

Having a support isn't about meta. It's about efficiency. So if you pick Yi and refuse to support when you should, you're griefing.

Sigh, "against the meta" is stuff like double AP when the meta isn't double AP, running a carry top, etc.

Having a support in a duo lane isn't 'meta', it's just about having 1 lategame champion take all the farm while the other scales with levels, because that's what maximizes scaling. You should be thankful that this game isn't like DOTA where it's like 3 supports and 2 carries.

Karthus bot + Support Soraka is "new meta". Karthus bot + AP Soraka is just retarded, 'cause none of the two will have enough farm to do well after the laning phase.

imOGCing

04-14-2012

umad sheep?

12345 ... 7