Remove ELO Loss from Dodging Ranked Queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brotherlynchhung

04-26-2012

what they need to do is change elo to another system, if you understand the logistics of elo it is a unorthodox system where the lucky exceed and the unlucky stay below bronze..

Need MMR or change the queue system so you can queue with 3 people... due to the fact there will always be 1 odd man out at anytime in ranked..

think about it, you solo queue.. you only make up 1/5th of the team, so losing elo isnt really based on your skill.. it is the luck of getting 4 other competent people on your team..

elo = luck not skill.

Vlad II Dracul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

I agree as well. Or the game should simply cancel if someone is afk during the picks. Rather than a random start.

Awfully Beast

04-26-2012

I think a viable option to replace losing elo is at least increase the time it takes to get back into a game, if that. which i dont think is necassary to do either but if riot must punish players for dodging it should be what i said above. maybe two or three more minutes of waiting time before you can q again. just a suggestion.

50mm3r

04-26-2012

I like the idea of a voting system, if you have that one eve troll you can just boot them. maybe it should require 4 votes?

50mm3r

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherlynchhung View Post
what they need to do is change elo to another system, if you understand the logistics of elo it is a unorthodox system where the lucky exceed and the unlucky stay below bronze..

Need MMR or change the queue system so you can queue with 3 people... due to the fact there will always be 1 odd man out at anytime in ranked..

think about it, you solo queue.. you only make up 1/5th of the team, so losing elo isnt really based on your skill.. it is the luck of getting 4 other competent people on your team..

elo = luck not skill.
Got to remember tho that after a certain amount of matches you are bound to reach your true elo, it just takes a while thats all.

50mm3r

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMojoSoDope View Post
you getting peered up with that exact person is like 1 in 1,000,000 so that's just bad luck lol.
Ive gotten paired up with a serious eve jungler 3 times in my 4 ranked games in one day, when i say serious i mean the player would refuse to not play that role regardless of what the comp was, carried that noob twice :/.

busani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

bump, keep this alive, and bring some interesting arguments so RIOT can resnpond us.

SavageWolves

04-26-2012

The best arguments are on the first page, before the thread was necroed after a week (from 4/14 and 4/15, necroed on 4/22)

Greatest Dad NA

04-27-2012

I'm going to put my two cents in on this matter.

As for the removal of the penalty for que dodging, I am for it, for the most part. However, in order to keep people from ruining games by constantly leaving, I propose two solutions:

1. Implement a system so that you can only dodge two or three games or so each day without penalty, and receiver a timer that shows you when you are allowed to dodge again. This helps people from constantly entering and leaving.

2. Drastically change the time penalty for que dodging to an hour or so, to help prevent people from re-entering and dodging once again. A second time may occur an even greater penalty, I.E. 4 hours.

I believe either of these systems is a plausable solution to the problem of people intentionally feeding/trolling, or just downright losing the game for your team. If you get that uncooperative teammate who steals mid for himself and forces the last person or two to jungle, odds are the person that jungles will not be good at it, and the team will suffer greatly for it. I, for one, hope riot does something about this because this is a serious problem, and it needs addressed. The elo you receive should be based on how well you and your duo queue plays with your team, not based entirely on luck.

Alzhèimerdinger

04-27-2012

There is always that guy where when someone calls support or mid or jungle, he just locks in whatever he wants and doesn't say a word to the team. Lord knows why that sort of person is actually trying to play ranked with that attitude, but unfortunately it happens. I would love to see some kind of implementation of a free once a day dodge.