Remove ELO Loss from Dodging Ranked Queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seedoo

04-22-2012

I am really starting to hate this game, and when D3 comes out, I am probably gonna uninstall LOL because of these exact issues. I just had a player request a Lulu ban, the team captain didnt ban, so the player had a tratrum and locked in Evelyn with summoner spells of smite and promote (which are seem to be mutually exclusive) and we already had a jungler. I asked if it was a troll pick and they admitted it was, and that if nobody dodged, they would just go afk, i played chicken with the countdown timer and dodged at 1 second to prevent a gaurenteed loss. Because Riot is a "for profit" company, they don't really punish players for these types of issues. The most I have seen is a 24 hour ban, who cares, its a free game, they just play their smurf accounts, its totally BS that I just lost 10 points cause some 12 year old wanted Lulu banned.

Seedoo

04-22-2012

I just lost 10 points to a double smite troll pick, the second one being an evelyn that admitted to a troll pick because the team captain didn't ban Lulu at his request. The opposing team didnt even select Lulu, he was just trying to force someone to dodge, I played chicken with the timer til it was down to 1 second and dodged to avoid a definite loss. I should be able to report trolls prior to a game ending so that player cant do this again so easily and, like other games such as WoW, if i put someone on ignore, dont group me with them ever again. I recently ignored an abusive player, and the very next que, I was grouped with the same person.

Cant wait for D3, these issues make me want to unistall LoL

monsterlycan

Recruiter

04-26-2012

may they should make dodging instead of elo make it a banned, not a day but around 4 to 10 hours. Cause starting a game and leave is worst than dodging it.

D03Z

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

I still don't understand why kids go into ranked matches wanting to purposely lose.

King Cudder

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
Not a good idea. One team starts losing, so they all go afk and deny the other team the win.

No one would ever gain any elo, or lose any for that matter.

Talk about poorsportsapproved.c

This is why the reporting system exists (refusing to cooperate with team, perhaps verbal abuse).

Also on this note, the best system I can think of to solve the problems involved in ELO loss due to trolls, afkers, etc is to have an appeal system in which players can submit request to have their elo for a given game returned, such as having an afk player or 2 players locking in junglers, etc.
This idea sounds the most "Safe" out of all the ideas so far. There is nothing wrong with this idea except one thing. If the appeal system was made then every player would make an appeal to have their ELO returned because of so and so reason...maybe they would start making a bull**** excuse just to get their ELO returned. The only thing I can think of is that if someone goes afk in a ranked queue then riot automatically kicks them off the queue and both teams just get re matched. As for the people who refuse to cooperate with the team then there's really nothing you can do about that beyond just having the whole team report him or her.

I really wish there was a way to solve this because I get paired up with teams like this all the time. But I'm afraid this wont be solved anytime soon.

Wutswrong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Or you can choose not to be bad and carry your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedoo View Post
I am really starting to hate this game, and when D3 comes out, I am probably gonna uninstall LOL because of these exact issues. I just had a player request a Lulu ban, the team captain didnt ban, so the player had a tratrum and locked in Evelyn with summoner spells of smite and promote (which are seem to be mutually exclusive) and we already had a jungler. I asked if it was a troll pick and they admitted it was, and that if nobody dodged, they would just go afk, i played chicken with the countdown timer and dodged at 1 second to prevent a gaurenteed loss. Because Riot is a "for profit" company, they don't really punish players for these types of issues. The most I have seen is a 24 hour ban, who cares, its a free game, they just play their smurf accounts, its totally BS that I just lost 10 points cause some 12 year old wanted Lulu banned.
Stop crying and go uninstall it right now

cya

King Cudder

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedoo View Post
I just lost 10 points to a double smite troll pick, the second one being an evelyn that admitted to a troll pick because the team captain didn't ban Lulu at his request. The opposing team didnt even select Lulu, he was just trying to force someone to dodge, I played chicken with the timer til it was down to 1 second and dodged to avoid a definite loss. I should be able to report trolls prior to a game ending so that player cant do this again so easily and, like other games such as WoW, if i put someone on ignore, dont group me with them ever again. I recently ignored an abusive player, and the very next que, I was grouped with the same person.

Cant wait for D3, these issues make me want to unistall LoL
Okay Im going to comment on the WoW theory. I like the idea of when you put a person on ignore then riot makes sure that you do not get matched up with that person for a set amount of time (1 day) Riot can't make it a priority to make sure a certain summoner can not be matched up with you. The 1 day thing makes it a priority that for the whole day riot will try their best for you not to get matched up with them. After 24 hours then the person you ignored then goes back into the queue system and you may be matched up with them.

And you getting matched up with the guy you ignored is just pure chance. The chances of you getting peered up with that exact person is like 1 in 1,000,000 so that's just bad luck lol.

Lerry the Lebster

04-26-2012

Riot has said they are looking for an alternative punishment to losing Elo for dodging.

/thread

Asazen

04-26-2012

Yeah I agree so much with this! Theres times when my internet will go out for 5-10 sec, but it is enough to exit me out of the game and o no i lost 10 ELo, pretty much a games worth, which sucks.

abchiptop

04-26-2012

I've carried multiple 4v5 games, and played well it's possible (note: I'm not leveled enough for ranked, this is normals).
However, if you have 2 leavers or afkers, it's lost. Those who stuck with it shouldn't be penalized, the winning team should still gain ELO, but the leavers should have a harsher penalty. It stops penalizing those with no control over what happens and keeps it fair