AP Nautilus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tentacle dreams

04-13-2012

So I was thinking about picking up Nautilus and I was wondering how viable he is as say, a tanky AP mid or top building items such as RoA,deathcap,rylais,etc.

CrispyCoffee

04-13-2012

Only Ap I get on him is Rod of Ages and Abyssal Scepter. Then its full out Health + Tank

aahdin

04-13-2012

he's actually a really versatile champ, i've seen him as anything from full tank to a support.

Greedy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

...strong username, dude...

Centrix

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahdin View Post
he's actually a really versatile champ, i've seen him as anything from full tank to a support.
yeah support seems about right, he's got alot of utility especially with that grab he's got

SharkPiledriver

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCoffee View Post
Only Ap I get on him is Rod of Ages and Abyssal Scepter. Then its full out Health + Tank
Agreed. Neither Frozen Mallet nor Rylais really is that great on him though. idk. They don't mesh with him. I would get em just cause they provide health.

Sxq

04-13-2012

I can't really say about how viable it is at high levels of play, but I've gone against an AP nautilus a few times in mid and also in bot lane for dominion, and he pretty much destroys mages. His natural tank stats + runes + shield ability allow him to not take too much damage... and when he builds AP, his attacks hit surprisingly hard.
At 6, if he ults you he's guaranteed to land Q + E + some shield-buffed autoattacks + ignite also.

To above people: of course you don't go full AP if you're playing him as jungle/support.

But yeah, speaking from experience, a lot of mages can't really handle him.

Connector Pens

04-13-2012

I haven't experimented with more heavy AP builds with him, but from my experiences a Wits End goes a long way on him.

tentacle dreams

04-13-2012

Well could anyone that owns Nautilus play him as an AP mid and report results?

Tekshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

AP Nautilus is really strong.

I have a guide on him.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=17717