Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Nautilus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tentacle dreams

04-13-2012

So I was thinking about picking up Nautilus and I was wondering how viable he is as say, a tanky AP mid or top building items such as RoA,deathcap,rylais,etc.

CrispyCoffee

04-13-2012

Only Ap I get on him is Rod of Ages and Abyssal Scepter. Then its full out Health + Tank

aahdin

04-13-2012

he's actually a really versatile champ, i've seen him as anything from full tank to a support.

Greedy

04-13-2012

...strong username, dude...

Centrix

04-13-2012

Quote:
aahdin:
he's actually a really versatile champ, i've seen him as anything from full tank to a support.

yeah support seems about right, he's got alot of utility especially with that grab he's got

SharkPiledriver

04-13-2012

Quote:
CrispyCoffee:
Only Ap I get on him is Rod of Ages and Abyssal Scepter. Then its full out Health + Tank

Agreed. Neither Frozen Mallet nor Rylais really is that great on him though. idk. They don't mesh with him. I would get em just cause they provide health.

Sxq

04-13-2012

I can't really say about how viable it is at high levels of play, but I've gone against an AP nautilus a few times in mid and also in bot lane for dominion, and he pretty much destroys mages. His natural tank stats + runes + shield ability allow him to not take too much damage... and when he builds AP, his attacks hit surprisingly hard.
At 6, if he ults you he's guaranteed to land Q + E + some shield-buffed autoattacks + ignite also.

To above people: of course you don't go full AP if you're playing him as jungle/support.

But yeah, speaking from experience, a lot of mages can't really handle him.

Connector Pens

04-14-2012

I haven't experimented with more heavy AP builds with him, but from my experiences a Wits End goes a long way on him.

tentacle dreams

04-14-2012

Well could anyone that owns Nautilus play him as an AP mid and report results?

Tekshi

04-14-2012

AP Nautilus is really strong.

I have a guide on him.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=17717