Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Appear Offline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrCanadaEh

02-04-2012

You could try what some games to. Have an option in the menu that has check boxes saying ( Display game invites). Or ( Display game invites from friends only ). And an option for ( Display friend requests ). This would stop spam and such. And maybe a Do Not Disturb option, with the online, in game ect.

lmaox

02-05-2012

/sign

FireFinal

02-10-2012

bump!

Guarantee

02-14-2012

/sign

USnip

02-15-2012

I think it's silly to delay an appear offline feature, which I as a user want almost more than any other feature, simply because you wouldn't simultaneously be releasing a feature that blocks mass invites. Why not just implement an offline feature, then release a mass invite solution when that's ready...? I don't see any reason these things have to be tied together except that you say they do.

This is the same reason we still have afk people getting through champ select, because the developers have ideas for vaguely related features and they want to completely finish everything relevant to the issue instead of just fixing the big ****ing issue everyone hates and finishing the fancy stuff later.

RiotBahamut

Associate Software Engineer

02-15-2012

Quote:
USnip:
I think it's silly to delay an appear offline feature, which I as a user want almost more than any other feature, simply because you wouldn't simultaneously be releasing a feature that blocks mass invites. Why not just implement an offline feature, then release a mass invite solution when that's ready...? I don't see any reason these things have to be tied together except that you say they do.

You're right in some parts! They don't have to be tied together, but I wouldn't necessarily say that those things are what's causing it to have been delayed for so long. I mentioned them, probably in a poor context, merely to illustrate that this isn't the type of thing that I can sneak in one day during my lunch break (I code over a sandwich sometimes). The needs I mentioned earlier should be addressed simultaneously, but that doesn't really mean developing and releasing them all simultaneously. It could just as easily mean drawing up a plan to incrementally release what we think would end up being the best solution (which is largely how we've worked with tons of our features).

The reasons that something like this gets delayed over the long term are the usual culprits. Like I said in my initial post in this thread, there isn't a lot of concern about how long it would take to create this, but more about the value it brings. That doesn't mean that this isn't valuable (I think it is!). It does mean however that this value is weighed against things that could be worked on using that same time. As an example, these could be things like developing other features, strengthening our regional support, or addressing technical debt. A discussion that RiotKiddington had a while ago (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=16867197#16867197) is quite relevant to this and it might offer some better insight on what changes like this can involve

But for reals now, I haven't forgotten about this! It has its own sticky note on my monitor, but it's not the only one

YoshioPeePee

02-15-2012

/sign

would be a welcome feature that would prevent the friction that can come up between friends of different skill levels

EddyEduardo

02-16-2012

sign

Uuhayd

02-16-2012

/sign

Gentleman Oz

02-16-2012

Quote:
RiotBahamut:
But for reals now, I haven't forgotten about this! It has its own sticky note on my monitor, but it's not the only one

Do you actually have a real monitor that you can use to see things on the PC or by now it's more like a slab of plastic totally covered with sticky notes?

also: sign