Hyume, the Dreamer of Reality

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rukhron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

So, i got this lore done for this thread here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1896315&page=7
But sadly, i couldn't compete as i found out it too late for the time it took me to write it all up. I did like making it through, so i said i'd be doing Hyume anyday. This is the day. I was here at forums, remembered it, saw both Hyume and my statement of making her a skillset had upvotes and decided it was time. I hope you all enjoy...

[CENTER]Hyume, the Dreamer of Reality[/CENTER]

It’s common for league champions to have some mystery about their lives, in fact almost every single one of them has a mysterious power, past or desire. However there’s one whose mysteries intrigues even the most insightful minds in Runeterra: Hyume. One day this little blonde girl showed in the league all by herself, she looked like she had just finished dressing even through there was no sign of any transportation she could have used to come so far from whatever her home could be. She wandered around, carrying a box with a few crayons asking people who she happened to pass by if they had seen the rest of her crayons until she finally caught the attention of the summoners.

When they came to Hyume to talk and looked up close, they noticed that little girl, who was asking for her crayons and walking around normally, had no color on her eyes, where there should be her iris and pupils there was only a silvery hue. They tried to help her, concerned she was blind, but when she overheard them talking about her blindness she replied on the spot: “I can see in my dreams” – And then started drawing in the floor with a marvelous skill and her drawing came to life. Upon seeing her powers the summoners asked for her to let them see her crayons, they tried drawing several times and nothing happened, the crayon itself didn’t even seem like it was used afterwards. They invited her to stay in the league and asked to study her crayons, however they could not find any known magic nor could they identify its materials for months, and still, when Hyume used it, she could create any material known throughout Runeterra, even life itself. Finally the summoners gave up, they could not explain how it worked nor could they find her family, Hyume however didn’t want to go anymore. In the league she had found such diversity she wanted to stay and draw it. Thrilled with the creative flood in her mind she reached into her box before unleashing a joyful scream: “found another!” – She yelled – “now, where are my other crayons?”

[RIGHT]“When I wake up I’ll draw everything once again.” – Hyume, the Dreamer of Reality[/RIGHT]

Tags: Jungler, Mage, Support.

Skills:

Innate Safety Bubble:
Whenever Hyume casts an ability she gains a Safety Bubble: this work as a 36 (+8 per level) (+0.1 per AP) damage shield. Safety Bubbles stacks and last 4 seconds since last activation.

Q: Straight Lines
On first cast Hyume’s spells will morph into colors. Upon choosing the color she’ll target an area on the ground using a point-and-drag vector-type aim. Hyume will paint a straight line of the chosen color in the air, which will appear in the area affecting any target that it touches as it’s drawn. Lines will remain on the ground for 8 seconds. If the lines form a solid shape the area within will burst with magic, affecting all within with the effects of the colors of the lines that form the shape and a bonus effect per line, lines used that way are dispelled afterwards.

Q: Red: Allies will receive 12/19/26/33/40% reduced crowd control effects for 2 seconds (+0.5 seconds per red line). Enemies will take damage 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.2 AP) damage (+20/30/40/50/60 (+0.1 AP) damage per red line) over 2 seconds.
W: Yellow: Allies will get bonus 14/18/22/26/30% attack speed and 16/22/28/34/40 ability power for 2 seconds (+0.5 seconds per yellow line). Enemies will be for blinded 0.80/0.85/0.90/0.95/1.00 (+0.25 per yellow line) seconds
E: Green: Allies will be healed 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.2 AP) (+20/30/40/50/60 (+0.1 AP) per green line) over 2 seconds. Enemies will be snared for 0.80/0.85/0.90/0.95/1.00 (+0.25 per green line) seconds.
R: Blue: Allies will get a 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.3 AP) damage shield for 3 seconds (and a +8/11/14/17/20 bonus armor and magic resist per blue line). Enemies will be silenced for 0.80/0.85/0.90/0.95/1.00 (+0.25 per blue line) seconds.
Cooldown 2 seconds | Manacost 30/35/40/45/50

W: Draw the walls:
On first cast all Hyume spells will morph into colors. Upon choosing the color she’ll target an area on the ground using a wall-type aim. Hyume will draw a line in front of her of the choosen color, that will advance to the targeted area, growing to the size of the wall as it advance, knocking up all enemies in its path for 1 second. The wall can be used as a Straight Line for drawing a shape (through it is not dispelled) and is impassible terrain, but they can overlap one another. Wall lasts 5 seconds and has 400/425/450/475/500 units length.
Q: Red: Wall can be used as a red Straight Line to draw shapes in the ground.
W: Yellow: Wall can be used as a yellow Straight Line to draw shapes in the ground.
E: Green: Wall can be used as a green Straight Line to draw shapes in the ground.
R: Blue: Wall can be used as a blue Straight Line to draw shapes in the ground.
Cooldown 12/11/10/9/8 seconds | Manacost 90 | Range 650

E: Living Imagination:
On first cast all Hyume spells will morph into colors. Upon choosing a color all Hyume spells will change into shape. Upon choosing a shape Hyume start drawing on the floor for 1.25 seconds and summons a controllable pet at her side. The pet lasts indefinitely and will be dismissed if Hyume draw another one.
Colors:
Q: Red: Pet will have a 65% reduction of crowd control effects; Pet attacks will do additional 32/44/56/68/80 (+0.2 AP) magic damage over 2 seconds.
W: Yellow: Pet will have 20% increased attack speed and damage; Pet attacks will slow target attack speed by 10/15/20/25/30%.
E: Green: Pet will heal Self and Hyume for half the damage it deals; Pet attacks will slow target movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30%.
R: Blue: Pet will have 50% increased armor and magic resist; Pet attacks will reduce 10/20/30/40/50 ability power and 12/14/16/18/20 mana regen from target.
Shapes
Q: Quetz: Increases Movement Speed by 30 and Ignores Collision
W: Wolfie: Increases base Attack Speed to 1.2; every fourth attack will Critical Strike for 2 times its damage.
E: Sticky: Increases Attack Range to 400; every fourth attack pull enemy up to 175 units toward it.
R: Big Arms: Increases Health and Damage by 20%.
Default Pet Statistics: (Pet Stats are updated dynamically while it’s alive)
Health: 500/625/750/875/1000 (+1.2 AP)
Damage: 40/50/60/70/80 (+0.15 AP)
Attack Speed: 0.9
Armor: 30/35/40/45/50 (+0.1 AP)
Magic Resist: 30/35/40/45/50 (+0.1 AP)
Movement Speed: 330/345/360/375/390
Attack Range: 125 (melee)
Unique, Passive: Reduce damage taken from AoE by 50%.
Unique, Passive: Reduce damage taken from minions and monsters basic attacks by 5.
Unique, Passive: This unit benefits from buffs and auras affecting Hyume.
Unique, Passive: Heals 0.2% health per second.
Cooldown 30 seconds | Manacost 150/175/200/225/250

R: Castle of Dreams:
Hyume draws a castle of dreams that appear in the targeted area creating a different dimension. Those caught within the area of castle of dream cannot exit the area, if they cross to the outside of a border by any means they’ll come inside the castle from the opposite side. Those outside the Castle cannot go inside, if they attempt to cross to the inside they’ll emerge from the opposite side crossing out. No effect generated by those within the castle affect those outside the castle and vice-versa. While inside a Castle of Dreams Hyume has 20/35/50 (+3%) increased ability power, the walls generated with Draw the Walls will burst light when they stop moving, affecting all around with the color effect and her pet is base stats are 20% stronger (this doesn’t affect the bonus stats from AP, attack range and speed or movement speed). Lasts 4/5/6 second. Hyume and her pet can walk in-and-out Castle of Dreams naturally, but are still bound to affect only target in the same dimension. Enemies can't see between the dimensions.
Cooldown 60 seconds | Manacost 150 | Cast Range 500 | Area Radius 450

On the schedule:
  • Balance
  • Improvements on Lore
Parallel to normal schedule i will work on description of spells, appearance, soundset and other extra stuff

Hyume, Dreamer of Reality, is a work in progress and i'm accepting help and support of any kind from everyone who likes the concept. Be it an upvote, opinion, review, ideas for the lore or a drawing; anything is welcome to help me face the long road of making this a proper champion concept that we all can enjoy.

Quote:
You can visit my Champion Compendium for more Concepts you might like.

Rukhron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2012

So, right now i'm focused on Silvani ( http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?t=1969055& ) - but i'll be checking this thread normally and work with the feedback i'm given.

If you like Hyume, please support it - bring your opinion into the light!

Rukhron

04-27-2012

So, good news for everyone who liked the idea of Hyume (supporting it or not).

Hyume will have my full attention now! The MCCC i was a contestant with the aforementioned champion is in the judge week already and i have all my concept time for Hyume for a while. That means this is the moment for a development boom on Hyume.
As always, support if your want to. Your feedback, opinions and ideas are most appreciated.

Deftlet

04-27-2012

sheild is a bit op dont u think? i mean early game when like nobody can do damage, all she needs to do is grab some mp pots and shes fine good til like lvl 6

Rukhron

04-27-2012

You mean lower start better scaling is in order here?

Rukhron

04-28-2012

reworked innate numbers into a weaker early and stronger late game
90+10/lvl = 270
to
30+15/lvl = 300
kept AP ratio.

Rukhron

04-28-2012

Straight Lines Updated!
Now with NUMBERS!!!

Straight Lines (SL for short) is the bread-and-butter of the kit. It's supposed to be more powerful the more times you cast it - thinking about limiting its snowball, SL have an antagonic mechanic to Rampage (Hecarim), having increased cost on every cast, to match the power increase.

SL will now only affect on cast (the line will stay in the ground to further use through line connecting)

If you connect 2 (or more) SLs you'll have the effect of all of them affect everyone throughout all the lines so connected. That means that if you cast a blue, you'll affect people with blue and a blue line will remain in the ground, if you later cast a red and connect it to the blue, everyone that is in the red or blue line will be affected by red&blue effects (yay purple! ) at the moment of the activation.

If you connect 3 (or more) SLs in a solid shape (a triangle, for example) the area within will also burst with magic (this effect overlap the aforementioned one, applying to people in the borders too). This not only increases the affected area by bursting the area within, but it'll also increase all color power by +1 line (as long as the color is present in the shape)

Share your opinioooooooonnnnsss!!

Rukhron

04-29-2012

Added "Balancing Q" to my schedule. On the top!

I believe i'll be dropping the line reactivation, increased costs per cast and reducing cooldown

I'll priorize making drawing shapes attractive and powerful, this leads to a need of a very low cooldown to be competitive.

Of course drawing whole mosaics would be very powerful (2 triangles with 1 common side are 2 triangles and 1 square at the same time) but i'll leave it be, if enemies give the chance and the player has the skill to pull up this kind of tricks the outcome is most deserved.

With that in mind, a single line power will be brought down a little bit. But shapes power must be same (or better) for it to pay the difficult.

Rukhron

04-30-2012

Straight Lines has undergone a minor rework.

(Thinking about renaming to Lines and Shapes, don't know yet)

Sadly, i just realized i didn't backup previous version to post a comparison post. Regardless, most of the changes were mentioned on previous post. I followed the plan strictly and gave it some numbers tweaking.

Now it goes off of my schedule for a while

Rukhron

04-30-2012

Oh, right:

To match new Straight Lines the passive number were slightly tweaked too.

Old: 30+15/lvl+0.3AP = 45~300+0.3AP
New: 20+10/lvl+0.1AP = 30~200+0.1AP